Allison xtb on the bassmaster classic

allisonjr

There is a blue Allison xtb spectator boat on day one of the bassmaster classic on ESPN 2. Just thought I'd share

K.Kiser

That's Tim Bostic, current owner of HOSS Props and son of Dave Bostic which is the Proprietor of Hoss Props.. I think he's working as a follow boat for KVD...

allisonjr

Thats cool, hes only gotta run half throttle to keep up the the z9 lol

Allyfishing

That's Tim Bostic, current owner of HOSS Props and son of Dave Bostic which is the Proprietor of Hoss Props.. I think he's working as a follow boat for KVD...
That's awesome!!! I finally got a chance to sit down and watch it on the DVR and at the 32 minute mark I see this spectator boat and yelled there's and Allison XTB!!! LOL!!!!

Go Tim GO!!!!!

allisonjr

the boat is also in the opening shot when the helicopter is flying over head, its just above the espn logo i think

Tim Bostic

Yep, That was me.
I was the camera boat for KVD for all three days. It was a great experience. I had MANY comments about the boat and how fast it ran. The 3 BASS Classic Officials that rode in the boat loved it!!! They were amazed how smooth it was in rough water and all three of them said that was the fastest they'd ever been in a boat!!!
Everyone was surprised when I told them the boat was 25 years old!
I did have a few problems .... you can read about my experiences on my Facebook page or over on S&F under the Bass Boat forum.
I must say, I didn't like running my boat that hard in rough water for three full days. Ended up using 29 gallons of fuel the 1st day, 28 gal. the 2nd, & 25 gal. on the last day.
Oh Yeah ...... it was C O L D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Allyfishing

I'm sure I saw another XTB. I paused the DVR and studied it for a while. I could pick out the wings and the logo up on the back part of the wing. It's White with a Yamaha and power poles. I forget who it was with though. Not Ike. Day 3 just finished watching it.

Tim Bostic

I'm sure I saw another XTB. I paused the DVR and studied it for a while. I could pick out the wings and the logo up on the back part of the wing. It's White with a Yamaha and power poles. I forget who it was with though. Not Ike. Day 3 just finished watching it.
That was a guy from Oklahoma City by the name of Mark Riojas. He was also a camera boat..... great guy & really enjoyed visiting & meeting him. He had a 1984 XTB21 and made it into a dual console with a huge deck up front and lots of storage. He did all the glass work by himself. It had to be one of the first ones that Darris had made? He did a great job with the deck and when I first saw it, I thought it was one of the newer 21's.... I was very surprised to find it was older than my boat!

FlatOutAlly

How did you you guys get to do this? Amazing. What's probably even more amazing to see is the look on a pro's face as he was being dusting by a 30 yo boat with a lot less horsepower. I saw some pix awhile back of that dual console XTB. It looks incredible.

Darth VMAX

I finally got to see The Classic last night. Too Cool Tim Bostic!

That dual console XTB is MINE when it comes up for sale ;-)

Allyfishing

So that was the custom built dual console XTB?? No wonder I wasn't sure if it was an Allison or not. that boat was posted on BBC and I think on here a while ago. Sure was a beauty.

BASS was pretty smart asking an Allison owner to be a camera boat. no other boat could get around fast enough to cover all the pro's in those water conditions!!! LOL!!

jimbob88

Just read your post on s & f. Wow, what an adventure!!! Hope you are feeling better!! Yep I laughed too.

Tim Bostic

Just read your post on s & f. Wow, what an adventure!!! Hope you are feeling better!! Yep I laughed too.
Well, my back is on the mends.... lost a full week of work.
My questions is ....... Is it just me, or does stuff like that happen to others? And, why can't things just go smooth for once? Seems like "something" happens every time I make plans????

Darth VMAX

Wow... the only thing missing is you farting and sharting LOL Still, what an incredible experience and opporitunity you had. You probably had the *perfect* boat for those duties with the open floor space and room.