Ally cut trophy,what IS it?

aaronmt

Ive got pictures from whipper and I cant see to what the difference is.For where we boat the trophy works great for all around cruising. The only complaint if there is one is id like it to come out a lil harder.I have a 27 id like to have cut to a ally.

catfish123

I believe the overall distance in length of where the blade joins the barrel of the prop is reduced as the blades are "shortened" there. This allows the prop to spin up faster for better holeshot although I doubt there is much gain in top end. It also contributes to blade slinging so that may certainly outweigh the benefit achieved. Personally, I would think twice before having it done. Have you tried a 26 Trophy? I would think with your raised limiter that it may be a better answer to your holeshot issues and your top end should be great.

Last edited:

aaronmt

I can still hit the limiter with the 27 no problem.Im thinking bout givin Mark croxton a call.Id rather not lessen the blade or thin them.I just want it to spin up a smidge better out of the hole.Its a great cruising prop on the puget sound.Any other ideas?

xb03fs

I know on BBC there are posts of Mark Croton puttng dual PVS plugs in Bravos, he probably could add a set on the trophy as well. When wanted better holeshot on my fish and ski he also added tip cup and drilled regular exhust holes. When he adjusted the cupping on the props alhtough for holeshot and bow lift, he took out the gradual cup typical of props and put a very sharp tighter cupping. Those props will not let go no matter how high I trim on my fish and ski where the stock props would loose bite loaded heavy.

catfish123

I think your limiter is at 7500 rpm's? What speed are you getting with that 27 at 7500 rpm's? Have you hit 100 mph yet?

FFWD

I just ran a stock trophy and a Performance Propeller Allison cut trophy back to back on a XB2003/Merc XS200. The Allison cut was alot better on holeshot/acceleration and 1.5mph faster on top end.

whipper

I just ran a stock trophy and a Performance Propeller Allison cut trophy back to back on a XB2003/Merc XS200. The Allison cut was alot better on holeshot/acceleration and 1.5mph faster on top end.
My results are very similar only Im getting 2-3 on top and way more linear mid range. The Alli cut spools up way more than the stock cut also. Kinda like a 3 blade spool up but grabs way harder. RacerX,s buddy cut mine its not a Billy cut Alli 27 Trophy. Hears a pic of mine. There terrible pics because i had no room behind the GS to take pics in the garage and theres to much snow out side to pull her out.
One big differance is the trailing edge shape from the barrel. I also think the blades are reduced at the barrel. To me tips seem a little differant also. Maybe a bit less round?

Last edited:

catfish123

That cut appears to be somewhat different than an actual Ally cut although it is difficult to tell much from the pictures. The blade shape looks different and not cut back as much at the barrel.

whipper

That cut appears to be somewhat different than an actual Ally cut although it is difficult to tell much from the pictures. The blade shape looks different and not cut back as much at the barrel.
Yes like Jeff told me about this prop he has a guy that has been doing these ones for him for his Alli. This one was his keeper. With his new Skater couldnt use it anymore. Did 99mph with two heavy guys in his Allison. I got it to 93 first try at 2300ft before the ice came on. It realy has a second gear. Strang feeling but good. I was amazed buy how it performed, really amazed accually!! With my foot to the floor from a standing start at around 50mph it just takes on a differant set like it drops a gear and has a power band. Same type of feeling like a two stroke motocross power band. Just takes off and builds revs faster and faster and never stops pulling!! I like it!:big grin

RedAllison

Stock Trophy's are notoriously out of balance. I wouldn't cut on one, lord knows they are weak enough. But having one trued up and balanced should maximize one and several claim noticable gains.

As for dual holes on a Trophy, I would think you would have to much slippage. The Bravo has a large 4.75" hub with no exhaust going over it but the Trophy has the 4.25" hub and already allows slippage.

I STILL wouldn't run one tho. By the time you add up the cost of a Trophy and then having it worked you coulda bought a REAL prop custom built for the boat that will fly and drive circles around the Trophy! :razz
RA

whipper

Stock Trophy's are notoriously out of balance. I wouldn't cut on one, lord knows they are weak enough. But having one trued up and balanced should maximize one and several claim noticable gains.

I STILL wouldn't run one tho. By the time you add up the cost of a Trophy and then having it worked you coulda bought a REAL prop custom built for the boat that will fly and drive circles around the Trophy! :razz
RA
Well Red i would have to tottally disagree with you on that last statment.:big grin Ive tried a lot of differant props on my GS. Ive had inline 30 choppers sent to DAH thinned balanced and polished. Drag4,s sent to performance to be worked and a 30 chopper11 sent to Performance to be worked. Ive had a knob cut made for me ect.. The 27 Trophy in the pics I just bought of Jeff {RacerX} is the best prop I have ever tried by a large margin. Its not only the fastest prop i have ever had on my GS its also the quckest. Its has the same top end as the 30 chopper11 worked by performance and quicker than my stock 26 Quad4/OT. Maybe its a freek prop?I accually think it is because who ever did the cut on this should never forget what they did because it is outstanding. I PM,ed Jeff to find who it was again becausei will send my other trophy to him also. Im sure I can get 95 at my altitude with this one in the spring. Like i said I only had one day to try it before winter and got 93 like nothing. At sea level that would have been well over 95. When i head south i ussually pic up 5mph+ on all my props in the thicker air. Maybe it will sling a blade? Its not a new prop at all. Its had a lot use. So far so good. Havent slug a blade on a trophy yet. Mind you i only have older Trophys not sure if the new ones are any differant?

whipper

I talked to Jeff and he said Ronnie Gilbert from the prop shop worked that 27 Trophy. I would highly recomend his Alli cut on any Trophy.

aaronmt

I plan on having mine worked after christmas.Just need to call arond and find out prices and what they do to them.May give Jc a call.

amosXB03

My 28 alli cut trophy was an excellent prop, I will replace it with another after Christmas. I never slung a blade or had any issues until I tried reverse in some hydrilla and evidently it was caked on there and it folded one of the blades over. STUPID mistake on my part. Definately a good overall prop for the XB03

Fishforcash

Performance Propeller in Soddy Daisy, TN cuts them for Allison. I have a 27 and it pulls hard but wont hold a candle to my Hoss.

Morespeed4me

All I know, Darris told me one year at Jasper that the 27 Alli cut Trophy was the best all around fishing prop for a 03 and that he used Performance Propeller at Sody Daisy to cut them. I had it for several years and never had a problem with it. It came out of the hole better then a stock Trophy and ran a little faster on top as well.