Aluminum Trailers

lovell

Trailer is awesome! Perfect finishing touch to any "A" boat.

lovell

Send a pic of trailer to my phone so I can send it to someone.

Last edited:

whipper

Aluminum will NOT rust, Galvanized is a electralus process that is done to Carbon Steel. If this coating cracks or breaks in any way, the bare metal will be exposed causing rust to start.

Phil
Yes and Aluminum can have zincs put on also to counter any oxidation from salt water. This sweet trailer looks painted or powder coated for even more protection. Theres a guy in my town that powder coats Aluminum boats and trailers any color ya want. They look sick like those ones. Very very sweet!!!

strip

I will say that his trailer is stunning. I would love to have one. I do have one question though. Have you had any problems with it trying to float at the ramp? A friend of mine has an aluminum tube trailer on his jet boat and says he has a lot of trouble with it floating with the current of the river resulting in his trailer washing to the side of the ramp.

BALD ALLISON

Great to hear from you Strip. Yes it does tend to float but, all I have to do is drill a couple of small 3/8" holes on the bottom up towards the front and the problem will be solved. The back of the trailer has two relief holes but when those holes are under water the water can't fill up the inside of the trailer because without the relief holes the air can't escape and let the water in. Hope that makes sense.
By the way, tell that pretty wife of yours I said hello

If you have any other questions please feel free to call 225-268-7114

See Ya'll soon
Phil

strip

I will Phil. I have to resolve some motor issues this year, but next year I see one of these trailers as a priority. Great to hear from you.

wc911

wELL WILL THEY BUILD ONE FOR A WAVERUNNER CAUSE MY WIFE AINT GONNA LET ME BUY AN A BOAT TILL LOU GETS READY TO SELL ME THAT CHECKERD GRAND SPORT THAT SHE LIKED SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!

fishnfireman

Just now saw this.

Anyone want a well used 2006 boatmate/crap trailer,,,,,,, have replaced one axle that was over 1.5" off and wore out a set of Goodyear marathons in less than a year...........Also has an aluminum belly pan to keep rocks at bay...Most of the paint on cross members has long been gone! Has all outside rails covered with 3M chipguard...replaced all bunk carpet at two years of age because they were all cut on the inside edge of bunk boards..I took a router and cut sharp edge off boards so this should not be a problem again.. I also bought and installed when trailer was new...a device called (Counter act) which is supposed to keep trailer rust at Bay..(.Not so sure).
Anyway I would make someone a good deal on a 2006 tandum with brakes and OIL filled hubs with new tires and a Chitty paint job !!!!!!!!!!!!!