And they say Allys are expensive......

Alli-drenaline Rush

2012 Ranger Z 521 with a 250 Yamaha SHO.... $69k....

2012 Bass Cat Jaguar with 350 Verado..... $74k..... :shock:

baitcaster

Bass boats in general have gotten outrageous in price. I don't know what the manufactures are thinking. In the eairly to mid 80s bass boats were in their hay-day and fiberglass bass boats complied of approx one-third of all boat sales in the US. Today it is less than 6%. The boat/motor companies have literally priced themselves out of the market. It is evident that materials have gotten better and more expensive, but a finish cost of 70 grand, get real, that is simply outrageous. Particularly since bay and small pleasure fiberglass boats or typically about half of the price - foot per foot. The redneck water Catty is now the elitist fishing rig. Personally, I think this is a mistake on behalf of the bass boat companies. Heck, but what do I know. But I agree A-aR, I would buy a Allison before any of those cookie cutters any day of the week.

K.Kiser

It wasn't long ago that bass fishing was a lifestyle hobby for the simple working man... Ranger builds a good boat as do several others, but no way in hell would I let these damn depreciating monsters replace my retirement or my kids college education... This has gotten just flat rediculous without excuse or explanation...

Now you just gotta add in the prerequisite $50,000+ 4wd 3/4 ton diesel truck and $5,000 worth of tackle, then your ready to relax and get rid of stress I guess..?

Alli-drenaline Rush

Bass boats in general have gotten outrageous in price. I don't know what the manufactures are thinking. In the eairly to mid 80s bass boats were in their hay-day and fiberglass bass boats complied of approx one-third of all boat sales in the US. Today it is less than 6%. The boat/motor companies have literally priced themselves out of the market. It is evident that materials have gotten better and more expensive, but a finish cost of 70 grand, get real, that is simply outrageous. Particularly since bay and small pleasure fiberglass boats or typically about half of the price - foot per foot. The redneck water Catty is now the elitist fishing rig. Personally, I think this is a mistake on behalf of the bass boat companies. Heck, but what do I know. But I agree A-aR, I would buy a Allison before any of those cookie cutters any day of the week.

Roy I was talking to the Mercury reps about the 2.5 and the 300XS and he said something like, "that motor will turn your bass boat into a fast rig." To which I replied that I would put it on an Allison, and he says "oh you mean a really fast rig!" :very happy

suicidealli

Roy I was talking to the Mercury reps about the 2.5 and the 300XS and he said something like, "that motor will turn your bass boat into a fast rig." To which I replied that I would put it on an Allison, and he says "oh you mean a really fast rig!" :very happy
Lol

Ranger has always been a good boat in rough water. I just cant see it worth that price!!!!!! I understand material cost have gone through the roof, but that isn't much boat " 21'" for the money. Spend 70,000, and watch all the boats run by you in a tournament. I don't think so!!!

Alli-drenaline Rush

I was shocked - shocked I tell you that the Bass Cat rep says the Jaguar with a 350 HP Verado is an 80 mph rig....... only 80 mph for $74k????

Alli-drenaline Rush

Lol

Ranger has always been a good boat in rough water. I just cant see it worth that price!!!!!! I understand material cost have gone through the roof, but that isn't much boat " 21'" for the money. Spend 70,000, and watch all the boats run by you in a tournament. I don't think so!!!
Not only material costs, but insurance, taxes, and overhead just keep chugging along on the Titanic.... sucking the life out of the builder.... so the builders have to charge more which cuts sales back even more.... which......

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some guy at the ramp last year told me the reason his metalflake boat was so much heavier than my Allison was the weight of all the metalflake! I told him that was probably true. I forget which boat he had, it was one of the big names tho.

suicidealli

Some guy at the ramp last year told me the reason his metalflake boat was so much heavier than my Allison was the weight of all the metalflake! I told him that was probably true. I forget which boat he had, it was one of the big names tho.
Tell him, he prolly has heavier batteries....lol I always hear if I had a motor like that my boat would be that fast too... It takes a great boat, and motor just to hit a 100.

Roy

DragAlly02

I have heard the metal flake adds more weight than you think think of all of it in a 5 gallon bucket +1 Roy on a great boat and motor to hit hunner there is alot who claim to have hit the century mark but I believe it's very few in my area very few
Mike
Tell him, he prolly has heavier batteries....lol I always hear if I had a motor like that my boat would be that fast too... It takes a great boat, and motor just to hit a 100.

Roy

catfish123

Unfortunately as the demand is there for bigger boats, along comes with it a necessity for bigger motors to satisfy the speed bug that so many of us have. I have an XB2003 and have no desire to jump up a step to a 21 footer. But, many guys have made that decision. Then of course the motor manufacturers have to go along with it building bigger, heavier motors and the vicious cycle starts. It ends with great boats like the XB2003's no longer being produced and great motors like the 260's and 280's biting the dust as well. The prices in my opinion have risen to a level that even if a person can "afford" it, in the whole balancing act of the finances a family faces these days, what kind of sense does it make? Sixty to seventy thousand for the initial purchase, then the tow vehicle, insurance, gas, oil, maintenance, etc. needed, will eliminate many from ever being able to enjoy boating as many of us have known it over the years. Although I could "afford" a new boat, at current pricing, it just plain would make no sense.

JOEALLY

Unfortunately as the demand is there for bigger boats, along comes with it a necessity for bigger motors to satisfy the speed bug that so many of us have. I have an XB2003 and have no desire to jump up a step to a 21 footer. But, many guys have made that decision. Then of course the motor manufacturers have to go along with it building bigger, heavier motors and the vicious cycle starts. It ends with great boats like the XB2003's no longer being produced and great motors like the 260's and 280's biting the dust as well. The prices in my opinion have risen to a level that even if a person can "afford" it, in the whole balancing act of the finances a family faces these days, what kind of sense does it make? Sixty to seventy thousand for the initial purchase, then the tow vehicle, insurance, gas, oil, maintenance, etc. needed, will eliminate many from ever being able to enjoy boating as many of us have known it over the years. Although I could "afford" a new boat, at current pricing, it just plain would make no sense.
+1