Any Duck Hunters

GotMyAlly

Used to....

I had two duck clubs in AR that I put together and ran. One south of brinkley and another just this side of Mcrory. The last couple years I was into it, i was hunting 45 days/season, plus over there all the time before season making sure the farmers got the levees pulled and pumps turned on, dragging sled blinds around, brushing pits, etc......then over there for weeks after season getting blinds out, picking up decoys.....

Duck season turned into a 6 month ordeal with all the before and after season stuff. Plus it got to where it was like babysitting a bunch of kids trying to referree BS between the members.

I pretty much just got burned out. Signed my leases over to two friends, and haven't been back since. Now I'd just rather fish all winter anyway.

RedAllison

Usta duck hunt alot. Back in the 70s and 80s my step-father usta own a duck place on the north border of Wappanocca. Man we SMACKED DA CHIT out of the birds. Had that silly assed ol "points system" back then. :cuss Up until the last couple years I was area chairman for my local DU committee (Jackson/Madison County TN) but I just don't have the time anymore for putting on the banquets.

The grainbelt and weather patterns have changed so duck hunting in the south aint what it used to be. But there's certainly still great places in AR to whack em all season in. I'm more of a big game hunter anyway so ducks were usually something I got on after deer season was over anyway and over the last few years the birds aint been showing up til January so I never missed much.

CUT EM CO-CO, :beer:
RA

Crazyoz

Banned
Yea Red I used to do some duck hunting way back when, along with deer hunting, rabbit hunting, squirrel, ground hog, dove, quail and just about everything you can think of. Just aint got time anymore, but I do plan on doing it all again so my boys will grow up enjoying it the way that I did and still do. Duck hunting was alot of fun and I shore miss it.

Texan

Went twenty odd years ago with my (at the time) girlfriends dad. Stood in the freezing water for what seemed like hours on end to kill three birds. Went again last season for the first time since to Stuttgart. Slaughtered them doin the corporate type hunt. Had a great time. I've sponsored the club two years in a row now and will continue so long as the corporate people say I can. Then I might just continue on my own cause I don't know where I could buy into a club for what I pay in a simple sponsorship.

Crazyoz

Banned
Ran over one at the park while feeding them bread with the boys. Does that count? Just kidding man I cant wait to start hunting again. I feel like I am missing a leg or somthing.

shawnjetton

Probationary User
love to duck hunt. teal season has already gotten messed up with the flood water from the 2 hurricanes. the past few years have not been rally good at all. we hunt in the atchafalya basin. i go in some holes only accessable by airboat. when the ducks come south like they suppose to we kill very well. i'm ready for hunting season to start also.

hullbilly

Here is my hunt from last weekend. We bought 450 acres of old rice farming country 10 years ago on the Texas gulf coast prairie. Been working our asses off ever since. It's in my blood. My dad's been taking me ever since I could walk in the marsh and carry a bb gun.

Hurricane Ike tore the place up. Had a 65 acre section that we took in and started a bass pond. Just started catching 10 lbers and Ike filled it up with saltwater. I think I saw two redfish in it last weekend. Oh well, mother nature is a powerful force. Draining the pond as we speak, WE NEED SOME RAIN in the worst way down there.

Anyway, here's the pics guys

Attachments

1badss

Banned
I am an avid displaced duck hunter of many many years. Duck huntin in the desert really sucks. One of y'all needs to take pity on me and get me on some this year!!! ;)

GotMyAlly

I can get multiple limits every mornin' in my back yard with a loaf of bread and a broom stick. Not much of a challenge................LOL. And that's comin from somebody that hunted the winged bastages 45-50 days a season for years! Now, I look forward to duck season so I can have the fishies all to myself.

Hydropromax

I can get multiple limits every mornin' in my back yard with a loaf of bread and a broom stick. Not much of a challenge................LOL. And that's comin from somebody that hunted the winged bastages 45-50 days a season for years! Now, I look forward to duck season so I can have the fishies all to myself.

Neal, you are gonna have to come on down and hunt with me at least a few times this year.

hullbilly

2010 Teal Season Opener

We had a good opening day, but we've about killed ourselves to get our place ready to hunt. It's amazing what we'll do to kill a damn duck. We've been at it almost every weekend since June.

Had our limits in about 20 minutes are so. I'll be back in the a.m. for round 2!

The three amigos! My dad and his two buds have been duck hunting together since they were teenagers.

Hurricane Ike tore all our equipment up, but TREX told me to put a set of secret reeds and a new tuner in her! She's turning 10,800 again! We took saltwater over the cab, so she has NO electronics and a new leak every day!

The Stretch Limo!

hullbilly

Here's a couple more guys. Teal season ended last weekend down here. So it's 5 weeks until big duck and goose season opens! Time to get back in the boat for a while!