Anyone go 03 to 02 back to 03?

JOEALLY

Having some OCD tendencies is a pain :banghead

Has anyone ever went from and xb2003 to xb2002 and then back to an 03?

I've only had my 02 on the water a time or 2 so jury is still out for me between the two different hulls.

I guess having owned 3 different xb2003s, they're may be a little nostalgia thing mixed in there :razz

I'm curious as to your experiences between the two.

Darth VMAX

LOL....if there is ANYONE that needs to have a fleet of different A-Botes, its JOEALLY

JOEALLY

Angela's gonna kill you.
Paul, you're right!! :gasp:gasp

Nah, actually, she's doesn't really like the small console on the 02. With that being said, he doesn't ride with me much at all. Just a few times in the summer to the sandbar.

I've got this boat is real good shape although I do wish I would have bought a newer model 02. (ocd :embarassed)

h2oskiier30

Yeah, I think I told you she wouldn't like not having the wind protection. Mine doesn't either.

Mine pushed back a little when I was considering it due to going from 5 person seating to 3. I finally had to inform her that my concern wasn't running a river bus service, and if people wanted to go to the river with us, they could buy themselves a boat...especially the ones who think boat gas is free.

Darth VMAX

I used to LOVE the XB2003. After going out for a day in one it was THE Allison I *thought* I wanted. After having my XB2002 I now know the ONLY Allison I would consider replacing it is an XB21 2+3 or maybe a SUB/ProSport.

Since my wife RARELY goes out in the boat anymore, the kids don't know any better about the lack of wind protection. And after installing a rear bench in my 02, I will take the 23" of rear legroom over the few inches of lost width ANY day over the 03.

my . "Oh" 2

Last edited:

John S

You need to give the 02 more time. I went the other way around, from an 02>03>02. I thought I would like having more room and a little more stable boat. Took a year for me to change my mind. A sport console 02 with two seats up front is the best compromise in my mind. But I do think the 03 is a much better built boat. I guess it's all up to what you like.

Luketrician

While i had my 03 i took a test ride in an 02 and knew immediately that I had to get an 02. I like the quickness and acceleration that the 02 offers..and it is easier for me to step up to the front deck than it was with the 03..

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think I told you she wouldn't like not having the wind protection. Mine doesn't either.

Mine pushed back a little when I was considering it due to going from 5 person seating to 3. I finally had to inform her that my concern wasn't running a river bus service, and if people wanted to go to the river with us, they could buy themselves a boat...especially the ones who think boat gas is free.

It took me a long time to realize that! :wink

JOEALLY

Many guys wont understand this but I think the boat being a 1990 model is annoying to me. The boat is in real good condition for its age I've just never owned a boat this old. I really didn't think I'd even think twice about it's age when I bought it.

I do like stepping up on the deck in the 02 much better.

catfish123

I'm sure "arguments" can be made both ways on this. I have only ever had an XB2003 and an XB2002 never interested me in any way. I'm nearly 65 years old and I can still get up on the front deck just fine, now, if I could only talk my wife into getting up there with me on those "after dark" fishing trips...........LOL

h2oskiier30

Many guys wont understand this but I think the boat being a 1990 model is annoying to me.
Yeah, I can understand it a little. I feel that way about automobiles. A lot of folks are into the "classics" and antique autos...I don't give a flip about them. Give me a new truck/car anyday over one that's 40 years old.

On the other hand, your wife is a 70's model, Joe. Remember that. :LMAO:

xb03

I'd have an 02 for sure if the wife didn't enjoy going as much as I do, "wind protection".

JOEALLY

Yeah, I can understand it a little. I feel that way about automobiles. A lot of folks are into the "classics" and antique autos...I don't give a flip about them. Give me a new truck/car anyday over one that's 40 years old.

On the other hand, your wife is a 70's model, Joe. Remember that. :LMAO:
I'll make sure to show her this Paul :LMAO:

Myron

I started with an 03 then went to ab 02 back to 03, I like the 03 way beeter for what I do. Just my 2 cents

Darth VMAX

Mine is a 1990 model as well. Whats different other than the rear hatch and new console can't fix if you want her to look more "new"?

Heck, I get compliments all the time from people thinking my boat is only a few years old...and I don't suffer from OCD in ANY way! LOL