Auxiliary Fuel Tank

300R Ally 2+2

Has anyone used an auxiliary fuel tank in a XB2003? I have some long runs and I'd like to be prepared.

bassracr

I am unaware of anything like that I guess you could always carry a Couple extra 5 gallon jugs with you . If the boat is new to you .. are you aware that with a tall pitch prop it will probably go as far as a Ranger or similar with a 45 gallon tank ?

300R Ally 2+2

I have a 280 that like the fuel over 4500rpm. I heard that someone had a tank in their XB03 that they could store under the rear deck and remove if necessary for running long distance

bassracr

I have a 280 that like the fuel over 4500rpm. I heard that someone had a tank in their XB03 that they could store under the rear deck and remove if necessary for running long distance
Gotcha... Maybe take some measurements and checkout summit or jegs for a fuel cell that would fit and tie into your fuel line with a 3 way valve ?

GotMyAlly

I think the Allison factory had an add-on auxillary tank at one time, but it's been long since discontinued as best as I recall.

SLOmofo

Some tournament circuits don't allow cans per say but a strapped down tank is OK. I'd do the Jeg's thing as said by bassracr if I was tournament fishing just to be safe.

Heck you know you can't catch fish out of an Allison, just seal up the live well and use it for the tank!

xb2003

Allison's old aux tank was 7 gals. There still around if you ask around.

I had a 14 gal tank I put under the console. I went to west marine or boat us and got the quick connects. You need to run on the main tank down first to be able to get the return off your aux to fit. The boat doesn't handle for **** but if you making long enough runs to bring gas your not running balls out. So keep that in mind.

catfish123

Mine seems to get right around 4 mpg on my XB2003 no matter how I drive the boat.

brotherxb03

if u lived around New Orleans I would sell u mine that's been in the attic with the pan and switching valve, but I will not ship it.

Jr in Jax

I always have two 6 gallon pre-Obama EPA portables that sit beside my inboard 30 Gallon. I would guess you could strap them down