Bling on your Alli??

J

John Richied

James, Kevin does a pretty nice job of the photo cropping doesn’t he. :mrgreen:

K

Kevin from FL

Hey, got to play a little now and then to keep the intrest up :)

J

John Richied

Kevin, if the bow of your XB-03 was sitting about three feet higher it woild look believable…The picture looks great.

There isn’t anything wrong with playing, but imagine if you had a rig with two or three outboards.

Two to three times the chance of your motor(s) going BOOM and when you buy a SVS, high compression heads, PCU, flywheel, jackplate, prop, etc… its $$$ times three! And what a fuel bill!

$$$ is the biggest factor in being a one engine, one woman man… anything more would be more then I would want to deal with… LOL

baitcaster

Wipper: Love the photo - my first impression was "holly cra%" - I even called the wife over before I took a good look at the rig - it should have been sunk - but very cool picture.

Personally, been trying to update mine a bit. I replaced the front seats with two black/silver metal flake seats that I had made in Al. Had some new covers made by Ally and mounted both up front (my Ally only had one bucket in the front). I put in a Radio/CD player from Aquatics AV, with 6 speakers (4 bazooka 5 1/4 - 2 self contained Boss). I have been trying to replace the gages, but this has been a real problem. I was hoping to find a platinum and chrome/stainless rim to replace my primary 6 on the dash. I was also hoping to go with a GPS Speedo. Unfortunately, the OMC Vindicator on the rear is proving to be a problem. It appears that there is no demand for OMC compatible products, namely the trim gage. Had ordered some Graffrig gages from Trick Marine only to be informed the following day that Graffrig no longer will make a trim for OMC. When you find someone that has an OMC trim than they don't make a tach above 7000, nor a GPS Speedo. At this time I am waiting on a call from Rex Marine, who thinks they will be able to get Beede to make the trim gage, but there goes the GPS Speedo - so a pressure Speedo may be my only option at this time - darn the J-rude, but what you going to do. If I can get them ordered, I will change out the cup holders and handles to match the silver coloring, if not I will re-think the upgrades and colors. The projects are in there infancy, but look forward to have the boat upgraded by next winter.

Note: There were a couple of us looking at upgrading the switch panels to a billet panel, which Dana agreed to manufacture - but so far the demand is low and we needed at least 10 to want the modification to get Dana to build it and minimize the re-tooling costs. If you are interested, let me know and I will forward to the one heading this up.

When all is done, I will post some pics and get some advice on continuing restorations.

Last edited:

baitcaster

Up date from the last posting: I got my handles in this evening and replaced the originals with stainless steel. I think they look great. If anyone needs three original grab handles let me know. I also replaced the cup holders and 5 of the 6 main gages. The trim gage is being made and is on back order. The new speedo water pick-up is also on back order. Ended up losing the one that was mounted on it about two weeks ago. The bad part is that it scratched up and nicked the paint on the engine when it broke off.

mtolley

can you send me pics of your unwanted stuff? id be interested in them if theyll work for me on my xtb project. thanks! mike t

baitcaster

Mtolley, don't know what your are looking for. Post what you need and if I don't have it I may be able to help you find it.

Last edited:

white03

I replaced my grab handles and cup holders as well...if baitcasters will not work for you then you can have mine..also replaced my tie-down cleats if anyone wants them.

mtolley

both of my grab handles were/are in piss-poor shape from being in the weather for 10+ years,same withe gauges. dont need a tach as i got a 10grand merc tach, but looking for water pressure, volt,trim,and gas gauge in the 2" size and a speedo. want matching stuff but will take whatever is inexpensive and functional. speedo dont have to work, just look good as i filled in the pickup mounting holes on the rear of the boat and aint putting one back. one day, ill have enough saved for a gps speedo and matching set of gauges that are really nice. mt

baitcaster

Mtolley, my grab handles or in very good shape, if they will fit your ally you can have them. The handles are approx. 9.5" with a center hole of 7 7/8th". The cup holders were not worth putting in a new boat. I trashed them, but Dana Marine, Eddie Marine, Rex Marine and Trick Marine all have good choices that arn't to expensive. I got mine from Rex Marine and they are stainless rather than a billet. The gages I removed I promised to a friend who just purchased a B-Bee. If he changes his mind you can have them, but the trim will not work for you if you have a Merc. Mine is for an E-rude. The gages are all black, but from two different manufactures, one of the main reasons I changed them. If you are looking for an inexpensive set, check out BassPro or Cab. If you want to upgrade all of the sites I mentioned have some pretty cool gages. My big problem was getting a matching set for an OMC. If you have or plan to have a merc - the market is wide open. Send me a PM or e-mail me at baitcaster@bellsouth.net if you want the handles.

baitcaster

Here is some of the mods I made to my Alli

Seat, cup holder, grab handles & speakers

Radio and Grab Handle

Last edited:

baitcaster

Cont:
Seats

Short running vid / Just for the fun of it - was trying out a new prop and steering system: JUST CLICK THE SCREEN

I have just changed the wheel and the steering to hydraulic, have a new shifter on order and this winter will prob. change out the carpet if I can drum up the money.

Last edited:

whipper

Nice bait caster!! I like the hole shi- handles.:laughing WoW that is a nice looking gearcase! Im not savey on caes is that a titus? Also what prop you got on there I like the looks of that. All your bling looks great nice Allison! James

Last edited:

baitcaster

Thanks James, I appreciate your comments. The lower unit is a Bob's. In the picture I have my fishing prop on a 27 pitch 4 blade Renegade. In the running video. I was running a Ron Hill 29 pitch ET style 4 blade. I have since had this prop worked by Steve's Custom Props, 4288 N. FM 17, Alba, Texas, 903-765-9000 (Lake Fork Texas). He checked the pitch and balance and modified the cupping in the prop. He specializes is making Ron Hill props work for bass boats. I am still testing it though, having a little problem getting RPMs out of my boat for size and style of that prop. The stainless steel grab handles came from Eddie Marine. They were reasonably priced and bolt on pretty close to the original handles. Just had to hollow out the holes a bit - same thing with the cup holders, but they needed more adjusting.

I put on the foot trim gage today, moved some stereo speakers and ported the exhaust a little bit more. I installed the new wheel last week. I have ordered a chrome shifter from Horsepower Marine (HD's new company) and hope to put it on soon. Once installed the only thing I really have left to do is new carpet, but that will wait a bit.

I will post some pictures of the latter stuff soon.

baitcaster

Took a couple of quick pictures of the newest BLING! Forgive the mess, hadn't had a chance to clean her up yet.

The Steering Wheel:

The Wheel and Floor Trim:

The exhaust ports:

Last edited: