blue angels

bruce pitts

after going home lat weekend and running the old race boat a little came back to work here in north charleston sc. on the boeing 787 job and they have the blue angels here getting ready to put a air show on this weekend being the airport is right beside us man i like to take a ride just one time now that would a charge :beer::cool

allisonpilot

I never get tired of watching the Blue Angles. My son-in-law flies the F-18 Hornet and Super Hornet for the Navy. I would give my eye teeth to go for a ride but Uncle Sam will not hear of it. Go Navy!

amosXB03

definately the $*^! awesome power, speed, and destructive capability. what an amazing feeling it must be to be in control.....wonder if any of these guys have fast boats

Jr in Jax

In return for repairing the sophisticated enviromental systems in Hughes's Full-Motion FA-18 simulator, a Friend who ran it got me unlimited off-hours simulator time until the Navy closed Cecil Field.
I also had access to the FA-18 carrier night landing simulator [in which I did very well causing them to crank-in bunches of 90* crosswind/deck motion]. The aircraft was fun, but not as much fun as flying an Extra 300 at Southeastern Aerobatics at St Augustine Airport.

Attachments

strip

After I was accepted, then later rejected due to hearing loss, to Warrant officers flight School (rotary wing) at Fort Rucker, An Airforce Colnel who had sat in on my interview guaranteed me that If I would get a degree in aviation that I would fly for the USAF who had lower restrictions on hearing. My largest regret in life is that I did not follow through with that dream. I would also like to add that, that review board of officers told me that I was the only candidate that they had ever reccomended to Fort Rucker that did not have a collage degree. I was devistated when my packet was recalled for hearing.

On another note, The first boat rally I ever attended was at Lake Ouachita (arkansas). One of the Rally members had friends at the 166th Air guard in Fort Smith. They buzzed us at about 200' over the water. My wife was in a boat taking a ride and the jets came up from behind them as they was doing a 80+ mph run in a gambler. The driver nearly shat his drawers thinking he had just been ran over. Good times for sure.