Bluewater LEDs

Ocktane

Finished installing my LED kit today! Pics:

Also have lights in both livewells. These lights are so freakin' cool!

Last edited:

thegoop

Those do look pretty cool. Are they all on one circuit? Do the compartments come on when opened?

Ocktane

Got em on two circuits. Right now its just a simple circuit, flip a switch and all the deck lights are on.... flip another and all the compartments are on.

woodsman

Oh man, I can see already this will be a winter project for XTB! Looks awesome. You running three or four battery set up for fishing? does the lights pull much amps, and are they on one or seperate batteries.

suicidealli

I bought some of the tiny super powered ones over the winter. The one I have dont use much juice at all. I just haven't had the heart to drill ally holes...... I bought yellow ones imagine that..... Lol

Roy

Ocktane

As with all LEDs they pull very very low amps, like .041A per strip maximum. My XTB has a three battery setup and I have all the LEDS tied into one battery with the rest of my accessories. They work great out on the water, you won't be disappointed. As far as a winter project, They can be installed in a day, just have to do a little reaching to run them wires. Gotta get past the drillin' Roy, them yeller lights will look great on that boat!! Besides, you only have to make a tiny incision! lol

Ocktane

Also figure, if you wire the compartments up to a separate switch than the outer lights, you wont be getting full draw from all the lights, just turn the compartments on when you need to rummage.

woodsman

Good deal, and Roy, those yellow lights would look awesome on your 02. I know I have a three battery set on mine as well and I also have all accessories on one battery and wondered how that would work. But, I do think I will install some of these in mine as well. I seen a boat on Lake Cumberland the other day at sun set running LED lights on his bump rail? That looked pretty cool going down the water!

suicidealli

The ones I bought are small enough to mount on the bottom of the rub rail. I bought some UV too. Also some bright white for compartments.. The drill won't let me do it...lol
Yellow lights would be cool on the decks of the 2002. My buddy found a rubber gromment that fits the lights perfect. Ends up a 3/8" hole If I remember correctly...
I hooked one under my truck hood to see now bright it was. One tiny 1/4" dia light lite up the entire engine compartment.....

Roy

Ocktane

Yeah, them bad boys put out some lumens! I'm definitely getting some blue ones for the new 2003!

GotMyAlly

one of our members, EP72, is a Bluewater dealer (aka BassBoat Outfitters).

I'm going to put some on my trailer this winter.

Last edited:

Allyfishing

I bought some of the tiny super powered ones over the winter. The one I have dont use much juice at all. I just haven't had the heart to drill ally holes...... I bought yellow ones imagine that..... Lol

Roy
Nice job there Ocktane!!!

Roy, where did you get the tiny led you mentioned?

suicidealli

Nice job there Ocktane!!!

Roy, where did you get the tiny led you mentioned?

http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-lighting
They have whatever you need..........
Oh I ordered a bunch. It says when you order 10 you get a discount, that is only if you order the same style, and color.... I bought yellow for the deck, white for compartments, and under the dash, UV for the bottom side of the rub rail. I just can't drill the holes, and I haven't been fishing at night much lately.... These lights are bright for their size....

Roy

Last edited:

EP72

one of our members, EP72, is a Bluewater dealer (aka BassBoat Outfitters).

I'm going to put some on my trailer this winter.

Thanks Neal, anyone interested in led's or just have questions feel free to shoot me a pm. Ill do 5% off purchase, lifetime no BS warrenty (if it quits working or any defect etc. you get a new one), and free shipping for any of you guys on this board.

Last edited:

Allyfishing

Hey guys, i just installed the basic boat kit from bluewater and they are great. Hassle of course running wires but they are perfect.

don't get me wrong, the factory compartment lights are awesome but i wanted to save some dough so i installed these. Yes, it was time consuming but worth it.

When I get it uncovered I'll take some pics.