Boat accident

andre

Yall be careful there was a death on the Savannah river last weekend , heard it was a Allison. Supposedly the boat got airborne.

Dave Hensley

Yall be careful there was a death on the Savannah river last weekend , heard it was a Allison. Supposedly the boat got airborne.
Need more info. What town was it near? Write up in a newspaper??

Found it. Statesboro, Ga. Report said the boat blew over. No detail on what kind of boat.

tony Atwell

Buddy said it was a 18 ft Allison. Said he was fixin to make a pass in front of the sand bar. Came around the corner and when he straightened up and punched it it took off on him.. left behind a wife and 4 year old son. Thaughts and prayers are with them.

andre

Need more info. What town was it near? Write up in a newspaper??

Found it. Statesboro, Ga. Report said the boat blew over. No detail on what kind of boat.
Dave would a 18ft Allison be that early bass boat or did they make a 18 race boat ?

Dave Hensley

Could be an XST. There were some 17' v-bottom race boats back in the day and he might have built an 18' in the 1970's but I can't remember.

whipper

I remember that Tunnel, shitty deal for the family . Thats really horrible it always gets me when I hear about boating accidents. Prayers to his family, be safe everyone.

john4utvols

My old hydrostream venom blew over last week. Not sure where he was from. I believe he lived. Prayers to this family. Never thought that boat would blow over

Jr in Jax

That was a one-of-a-kind boat. I looked at it in detail while Jack was working his magic on it. It is sad that this happened.

22R

Prayers to the family ! I guess the boat was destroyed in the accident. Life is short and full of surprises some good some tragic.
Be safe Ally Buddies.

22R

K.Kiser

That's horrible news.. As said previously, please think twice, ponder it through and be careful.. A four year without a Dad, that's a lot of life left to be lived not knowing your Pops.. Accidents can and will always happen, but take every sensible precaution and wear good safety gear..

Freebird

WTSJR66

That was my cousin that was killed in the accident, the boat he was driving was a 18R V-bottom that Jack restored for someone else a while back. The winged tunnel has been put away for now partially rigged with a Twister T2X.

Yellowallison

That was my cousin that was killed in the accident, the boat he was driving was a 18R V-bottom that Jack restored for someone else a while back. The winged tunnel has been put away for now partially rigged with a Twister T2X.
Sorry about your loss...Jack told me and thought it was the Winged boat he had recently finished. If it was the Orange 18R he restored a few yrs back that was beautiful boat also.