Boat anchors????

Allyfishing

What kind of anchors do you guys use?? I'm looking for something more compact (and of course lightweight) to keep in the bilge area. I don't have to hold in current and rarely use it other than to anchor if I beach it.
Thanks, Craig

whipper

Ive used the fold up one for many years with the bungy rope, has served me very well. The key is that bungy rope. That works very very good at gently yanking the anchore in rougher water over conventional anchore line. Cant remember what the rope is called. But the whole line is a bungy wraped in a nylon mesh. I wrap the anchore in this and stow.

Allyfishing

Hmmmmm....now that's a great idea!! Actually, Jenn and the ex know each other from showing horses from their childhood (what are the chances of that happening) so maybe Jenn could talk her into coming along next time I think I'm going to need to anchor up somewhere.

But then again, I'm also looking for one that's not so heavy so ...naw....forget it....too heavy!!! LOL!!!!!!!! :help:big grin

xb03fs

I have a stick it anchor and a small mushroom anchor

BigCountryx

Soft bottoms? All I use is a marsh anchor around here. Just a stainess pole about 4' that you drop and it stabs in the ground. Keep it in my rod box

ziemer

A piece of 1" Pvc with a line on one end, and a rubber mallet works well for me. If I need bow and stern, I use a small Danforth with 3' of chain, and the PVC out back.

baitcaster

Small mushroom anchor is all I have and works pretty well. I keep it with about 100 ft of line in a duffel bag. If you go 7 feet of line for every foot of water a small anchor will hold just about anything.

bullwhipjkg

2 dog screws with a bungee cord and a peice of rope work good in summer aint worth nuthin when cold out

Allyfishing

All great replies and info guys, thanks!!! I'll sort it all out and decide on the smallest lightest device and go that route.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions and experiences!
CRaig

suicidealli

Dog screw and double up a bungee cord.. Not sure about those heavy barges tho....lol
As the boat moves around from waves the bungee act as a shock.... It isn't perfect, but works... I had one at Clifton a few years ago, and last year almost everybody had one..

Roy

baitcaster

OK, I am at a loss. Dog screws and bungee cords??? I know I am exibiting my ignerence, but somebody got a pic. I need to see this set up.

Allyfishing

OK, I am at a loss. Dog screws and bungee cords??? I know I am exibiting my ignerence, but somebody got a pic. I need to see this set up.
LOL!!!! I was thinking the same thing!! I kinda figured the dog screw anchor was what Robert posted a pic of but you know those Southern Boys!!!!! :gasp Could have been anything!!! LOL!!!!!!

So ya tie a bungee cord to the screw in anchor and the rope to the bungee??

ROBERT CROSS

I've taken the hooks off the bungee and tied a section of anchor line about twice the length of the cord into the holes at the ends, the bungee will stretch 'til the anchor line becomes tight.

Bob
:smile