Boat anchors????

suicidealli

I run the bungee through the loop in the dog screw, and hook the 2 ends together on the bow eye. and yes my bungee is yellow to match the boat....lol
Tractor supply sell them, walmart, home depot.
Mine is 1/4" round bar that is swirled like threads. Screw in the sand, and wala.
I will post a pic for the Yankee folks...lol

Roy

Last edited:

allison8503

We use basically the same idea. A peice of 1/2 stainless rod about 2 feet long and a peices of that same rod cut about 4 inches long welded to the top of it for a handle. You can buy short peices of bungy rope at Academy. The whole rope is like one big bungy. It has a loop on one end and a clip on the other. And they have floates on the ends with the clips so if you want to go make a pass you unclip it and leave the anchores set. Idel back in and its all right where you left it without having to hunt for the rope.

whipper

This is what I use. I love it and recomend it to anyone. Ive used it in some pretty windy weather on the lakes. The whole cord is like a bungy. http://174.120.80.60/~greenfie/chain-cordage/anchor-buddy Works great for leaving anchor setup. You can do everything at ankle deep then let the cord atoumaticly send the boat out deeper. To bring back in to board just pull the stern line to shore and the cord streatches 50 feet or so back to the shallows like in the other uses pick! Awsome.

Last edited:

baitcaster

Guys, I am a southern boy and y'all have blown my mind with this stuff. Where have I been at :banghead. I have never seen such a thing and it looks like all of y'all use one.:idiot

I am going to have to make myself one of these things.:wink

90 5.0

I use the prop i used to run on my skeeter a yammi 25p. Serves duel purpose. Spare prop and anchor. Saves weight not having to have an anchor and a spare prop in the boat...

Alli-drenaline Rush

Guys, I am a southern boy and y'all have blown my mind with this stuff. Where have I been at :banghead. I have never seen such a thing and it looks like all of y'all use one.:idiot

I am going to have to make myself one of these things.:wink
Smellin' too much of that Bullet spray-on metal flake paint stuff.......