Boat Crash on youtube

Hydropromax

Not sure what type of boat that is, but it looks like a 280 or 225 pro max. And the boat handled very ill in some of the earlier footage.

K.Kiser

Let Me first say that it was unfortunate... Now for the full force, that was some really dumb operation of a performance boat and People like that are on borrowed time and not doing any of the rest of Us any favors with insurance companies... Performance boats need to be in the hands of performance drivers only, although I haven't figured out how to do this without imposing on the rest of Us... In regard to the original comment about safety equipment, there are tons of dipschi++s out there still that I see running real fast boats with nothing but a T-shirt... If someone doesn't have the grey matter enough to understand what they're doing wrong, then there is no hope for them...

Hydropromax

Let Me first say that it was unfortunate... Now for the full force, that was some really dumb operation of a performance boat and People like that are on borrowed time and not doing any of the rest of Us any favors with insurance companies... Performance boats need to be in the hands of performance drivers only, although I haven't figured out how to do this without imposing on the rest of Us... In regard to the original comment about safety equipment, there are tons of dipschi++s out there still that I see running real fast boats with nothing but a T-shirt... If someone doesn't have the grey matter enough to understand what they're doing wrong, then there is no hope for them...
+1

Mr. Scary

No foot throttle - I can almost guarantee it. On one of the earlier shots, you can see him driving the boat one handed. What probably happened in the accident is he went over the first set of wakes and couldn't grab the throttle to slow down. He may have had both hands on the wheel trying to control the boat. He never let off.....

Mr. Scary

Definitely not a Stroker. It looks like it has "LCD" in the model name in script lettering. I can't quite make it out.

Crazyoz

Banned
Look to me he dont need to be driving any performance boat, but he is smarter than alot by wearing his jacket and kill switch. A helmet helps out alot too. I dont see alot of drivers like that cause I want be on the water with them but they are definetly down here and most want wear a life jacket. Well be fishing someone out of the water one day. I just hope it aint anytime soon or for that matter I hope it never happens.

RedAllison

OUCH that chit makes me hurt allover again!!! :gasp :razz

That was one of those POS Legend Dominators (Alabama built Bullet copy). I'm surprised the motor didn't rip off the transom.

DAMN he took one hell of a lick after he was tossed from the seat, lucky to be able to move or even be alive for that matter. :shock:

Honestly tho, it didn't look to be going in the 70s at that. That hull really did some stupid stuff on fairly tame water at reasonable speeds IMHO. :confused:

Glad he can laugh about it,
RA

ps
Why in the hell was he left in the water unconscious for 10 minutes???

Hydropromax

It just looked like the boat handled poor and had a hand throttle not a hot foot. Obviously over powered, needs a 200 EFI at most.

Fishforcash

It was a Legend Dominator (Bullet Copy). The driver was driving too fast in condions not right for that much lift. Notice he didnt trim or slow at the first set of wakes and thought he could run the trough all the way through?

That wasnt a mistake or a judgemental error. That was an act of pure inexperience, I feel for the guy and hope he learns from his mistake.

Last edited:

badbait

Hard to believe they would put a hand throttle in that boat. That plus being over trimmed and maybe trying to get some air for the camera may of been what contributed to this. Probably lucky that he was in a slow boat. It makes me a little sick to my stomach to see that because it reminds me just how dangerous boats can be.

Fishforcash

Wrong Legend. That is the Arkansas made Legend. Its the old Hawk molds that was patterned off of the Cobra, ProCraft, Fisher and was origionaly splashed off of the 400 series Ranger by John Storie (Origional owner of Champion Boats).

The one in the wreck is a Alabama made Legend (I'm not sure they are still in biz)

whipper

He was haveing trouble controling the chine walk in the first part. The boat was very light in the bow. Very inbalanced hull with the power choise. The waves wernt that bad in the first part and the bow was acting all light up and down to much trim. The way he poped the wake and when air born if he had more air he would have been standing stright up! I accedently hit a wake board wake out of the blue at 80 and I was in the air a long time.:banghead The motor never wiegh,ed the stern down I flew level and landed with grace and stabed it to make it look like I ment to when I landed.:gasp I was thankfull it never turned out like that boat. Thats what I was expecting. To much power for those hulls I would say. Plus as mentioned not haveing a foot and jumping wakes for the camera is Stupid!!!

Todd Morgan

Alabama "Legend" made by Gene's Marine...very poor construction. I'm surprised the boat stayed in what appears to be one piece. They have been out of production for quite a while.

Truly driver error. No other excuse.

K.Kiser

Surely they had a foot throttle in the boat, possibly not trim on the wheel though... He might have been reaching down to the gear lever adjusting the trim earlier in the video... Obviously I don't know, but just speculating...