Boat Crash on youtube

RedAllison

TOO ALL RESPONDING ON THIS WRECK:

I've been thinking about this this morning and of course it's ALLOVER the boating sites on the net and I'm ashamed as a fellow boater at what some people are saying about this guy.

Was his actions irresponsible and caused his accident? ABSOLUTELY

But does that make him worthy of being called names like "dumbazz", "dips$*t" and that's just the tip of the iceburg, on one site they are CRUCIFYING the guy, laughing about it and outright acting like horsesasses about it with TOTAL disregard too the fact that a man was very much hurt and could've lost his life.

I started to erase some of the names in the posts made about this but I think everyone knows what the situation is. So from this point on let's just TAKE IT EASY and be considerate of what happened here.

I was told that happened on Ross Barnett on Saturday so I'm sure the guy is still very much in pain and possibly still in the hospital. I think this site is ABOVE such redicule, name calling and jumping on laughing bandwagons and pointing any fingers.

Obviously I walked in that mans shoes just 2 weeks ago. I have no one to blame but myself and I'm sure he would say the same thing. As a fellow boater and human I just can't in good conscious call him any names or laugh. Sure it was avoidable and he obviously is a very inexperienced boater but that doesn't make his injuries any less painful does it?

Also and I can REALLY speak for this one, perhaps most importantly... I don't know if the man has any family but I assume so, rarely is ANYONE completely alone in this world. I can't speak for the rest of the net but I CAN speak for this site, I wouldn't want himself, his wife, his parents or especially his children reading such comments about their loved one on THIS site!!! Lucky for me my wife doesn't participate in boating boards, but she's heard some of the comments made about me on other sites and it caused her undue stress, anger and hurt. Like they say, the pen/keyboard IS mightier than the sword.

Just be mindful folks and one thing I CAN assure you about that man, he would stand right beside me before a crowd of buds and say proudly, "JACKETS AND KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES, I'M A LIVING EXAMPLE!!!" :relax:
RA

Fishforcash

I agree. I didnt even think about his family. Good point.

edited my post.

Last edited:

john4utvols

Sorry Red, I disagree. Sure he shouldn't get bashed right of the bat, Lets make sure he is going to live, But when I watched the video, I thought what a Dumbass. Then I showed it to my wife and she said the same thing. I'm sure he is going what was I thinking, I'm such a Dumbass. But I'm glad he had his life vest on and is still alive to call himself that.

RedAllison

Sorry Red, I disagree. Sure he shouldn't get bashed right of the bat, Lets make sure he is going to live, But when I watched the video, I thought what a Dumbass. Then I showed it to my wife and she said the same thing. I'm sure he is going what was I thinking, I'm such a Dumbass. But I'm glad he had his life vest on and is still alive to call himself that.
John I bet his wife, children and parents would disagree!!! :embarassed
RA

Hydropromax

Every time i watch the video, i'm thinkin let out of it when he crosses the 1st wake and gets outa control. But he stays hammered.

strip

The fact is we all do stupid sheet. That guy may have done that very same thing 50 times in his last boat, or he may have worked his way up to it in this one. Somebody was there videoing for a reason, maybe it was because he just got a new boat or because he was showing what his boat was capable of. He got a little to confident and got bit. I call myself a dumbazz often and I am sure my friends and family call me that too but I would be hurt to know that fellow boaters that I don't even know was calling me that because of a mistake. If he does it again then everyone has my personal consent in calling him a dumbazz!

David Shook

That is the most brain dead thing I've ever seen, this is the kind of stupid SOB that will get all of us all kicked off the pond, We folks that like fast boats will be perceived the same as this dumb basturd with a 50mph boat.
What I do is sitting on the edge all the time, but I try to do it in a controlled manner as best as I can, I may rub out next time out, but you can bet your *** it won't be doing that!
What's the deal with this dude giving me his concent to call him a D. A. next time he does it, I don't need your concent , He's a DUMBASS!!!!!!
And if his family isn't on the internet and dosen't realize how stupid he is, someone needs to call and tell them!
My greatest fear of what I do is hurting somone else or other peoples privilege's because of my need to step on the hot foot, people are in the process of shutting us down as we speak, and intellectually challenged people like this don't help the cause and to publize it on U-Tube?, as a rule when I **** up, I try to keep it quite?
Shook

Crazyoz

Banned
That is the most brain dead thing I've ever seen, this is the kind of stupid SOB that will get all of us all kicked off the pond, We folks that like fast boats will be perceived the same as this dumb basturd with a 50mph boat.
What I do is sitting on the edge all the time, but I try to do it in a controlled manner as best as I can, I may rub out next time out, but you can bet your *** it won't be doing that!
What's the deal with this dude giving me his concent to call him a D. A. next time he does it, I don't need your concent , He's a DUMBASS!!!!!!
And if his family isn't on the internet and dosen't realize how stupid he is, someone needs to call and tell them!
My greatest fear of what I do is hurting somone else or other peoples privilege's because of my need to step on the hot foot, people are in the process of shutting us down as we speak, and intellectually challenged people like this don't help the cause and to publize it on U-Tube?, as a rule when I **** up, I try to keep it quite?
Shook
I could`nt agree more.

WildWolf

Shook
I would agree, he was obviously "SHOWING OFF" for the camera and was way over his head in the skills and judgment department. Anybody with just a little common sense could see that from his own video. This was almost self inflicted and instead of learning from a mistake it almost appears to be an attempt to save "FACE" by posting a video to save other boaters from "MY" mistake, kind of like take pitty or feel sorry for me for what I did, rather than MAN-up and say I F---D UP and I could have put my family in a bad way. This was NOT a high speed run and 1 little thing happened and it went bad, it was a total lack of respect for the REQUIRED skills needed to operate a boat or any other machinery (the family car??) for that matter. AND I will not apoligize to his family for his mistake so I dont hurt his feelings, This is a FREE country and I dont like IDIOTS like this taking away my FREEDOMS because he ADVERTISES his stupidity and some LIBERAL gets a hold of a story like this and starts writting more laws saying what I CANT do:shock: Things happen and sometimes life hurts a little, that will never change nor should it.

I WOULD CALL THAT FREEDOM, AND LIKE ITS BEEN SAID BEFORE ITS NOT FREE !!

WW:soap box

Remember the Corvair, Three wheel atvs, Stand-Up watercraft ??? The goverment saving us from ourselves? Cant be done, take something away, and something else will come along to replace it. So why WASTE the time and money?

Last edited:
J

John Richied

that is the most brain dead thing i've ever seen, this is the kind of stupid sob that will get all of us all kicked off the pond, we folks that like fast boats will be perceived the same as this dumb basturd with a 50mph boat.
Shook

good point!

:shock: