bottom job

John S

The bottom on my bassracer had the lip removed. With a 200xs, the tail dragged, and needed too much trim. When I went to a 260, it was the best handling allison I've driven to date. It works well when you have some horsepower behind it.

allimax

So what would be the proper way to have the boat before taking it to have the bottom blueprinted? All gear out, motor off (jack plate on OK), troller off. I would think you need it so it could be flipped over without crap falling all over and for them to be able to somehow attach to the front & rear to roll it over, kinda like a car rotisserie set up. Could it have cost more at Allison due to having to un-rig her & then rig it back up?

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would have the boat completely gutted, gas tank dry, etc... Anything that takes them more time costs more money, and I'm sure it ain't cheap.

allimax

Bec, that's what I wanted to here. Texas is a lot further than Tennessee for me. When you say you're pleased with the work is that from what you see or from the difference you can feel in the hull on the water? I'll have to wait till next winter but this is on my list of things. I spent all winter this year fixing all the little things that were bugging me but really can't get a straight edge on the bottom yet. The roller is against the pad so I need to re-do the bunks yet. No sense in having the bottom done till it will sit correctly on the trailer to protect all that hard work. Any advice on how much it should be spaced up on the rear? It looks to me like 3/4" higher on the rear of the bunk and 1/4 " higher on the front. The nose needs to come down to get the eye lower anyway. Thoughts? :confused:

bec

i bought the boat last spring.i looked it over before i bought the boat but not hard enough.when i got the boat home i started looking around the bunks and i found some gelcoat damage .done gone too far to back out now.sent it to darris and they fixed the rash on the bottom and blueprinted it.i was pleased with the work they done. i have never driven this boat before until i got it back from allison.wish i would have gotten them to straighten out the bunks while i had it up there but i knew nothing about trailer bunk issues:banghead.when i got it home rigged it and ran it it handles very well. i have not put any top end numbers up but to about 75mph it is not ill handling.as for the bunks that is on the list to do in the next few weeks.pad was not touching the roller but the front roller was.i pulled the roller out notched the roller bracket out with a dremel and reinstalled.from what ive read and talked with darris you will need to lift the rear of the bunks .darris suggested moving bunks foward a little so you will have a solid footprint to drill into to reinstall your original bunks if you are going to reuse them.suggestions 3/4 of an inch lift in the rear,may take a little more or little less you will have to make some adjustments as needed.i did have about a half inch drop on the front when i notched out the roller bracket bringing the eyelet of the bow closer to the trailer.no wonder boatmate uses a bow chain to bind the front of the boat down on the trailer .loosen the bow strap and walla your boat lifts 3/4 to 1 inch up on the bow:rolleyes:i find myself when i park my boat relieve tension off bow strap .these guys on the board will point you in right direction.great bunch of people.

allimax

That's some good advice. I had heard to use plastic spacers between the rear of the bunk and the trailer but didn't hear about moving them forward and re-drill. You got me thinking on that front roller, mine is resting lightly there too (I can spin it but with friction) and would have to come down when I raise the rear.
75mph says something; mine starts around 60-65. I guess that could be set up too but may have a lot to with the bottom.
You're right about the guys on here, more knowledge than I'll ever have and so willing to help out. I doubt they really know how much what they share is appreciated!

Luketrician

I had my 2003 blueprinted..and yeah...boat had to be de-rigged..batteries anything that would not stay secured to the boat while it was upside down had to be removed..gas tank drained dry..etc

Man was it worth it, what a difference.

I will have Darris blueprint my 2002 in the near future also.

LakeAnna

Morning fellas, I realize this post is old as heck but have any of you sent a boat to the factory for a blueprint recently? My GS needs to make the trip.