Bravo 1 XS new prop by mercury

whipper

I just took at look at it and does look good. Try one and let us know.
Ive always had a thang for those 4 blade Cleavers! They are so cool looking, the hump backs. Ive never heard of anyone useing them on a GS yet either.

biller31

I'd be interested on any info about this for a 21 with sportmaster.

Last edited:

whipper

I'd be interested on any info about this for a 21 with sportmaster.
Theres a thread started on S&F about this prop the other day. Ill post a link if I can find it again. Theres a few guys that just bought a few and were about to try them. maybe they have some results in.

landar

I just got mine yesterday. I hope to sneak out this morning and try it between conf calls. Otherwisw I will let you know how it does after fishing this evening. I'm running it on a Bassport pro with 250XS. I normally run a 26 txp but I ordered a 27 for this prop. It looks great so I have high hopes.

landar

I ran it this morning on a short fishing trip. Top speed loaded with 430 lbs of fishermen, 3/4 tank of gas and a full tourney load was 85. That may sound slow to some but thats how fast it always runs with any prop. Holeshot was by far the best I have ran. The boat lifted the nose perfectly, drove better than any prop I have ran yet, and seems to be strong all through the rpm band. The boat never felt twitchy at all. Mine didn't break loose on holeshot but rather just kind of took off. The nose never got up high like it usually does. I'm going out with a bigger partner this evening and I'll see how it does then. I'm really impressed so far.

whipper

Cool thanks for the follow up. I had trouble locating the thread on S&F. But your update is better because its on an Allison.:big grin

biller31

Wow! Thanks for the test review Lance. Sounds like this may be a viable answer. I'm gonna have to come across the river and try that prop out! :)

biller31

I met up with Lance last night to run the new Bravo. It was a great prop. It came out of the hole with an allthewayfull tank of gas, livewell full and two man sized men and our Technician, Alex Nunley, who helped check the water level in the livewell in the boat. I was very pleased. The handling was extremely good had a lot of lift and had the big boat high on top of the water easily. It also ran good at low speeds with minimal porpoising with the plate buried and motor tucked turning 2100 rpms. Thank you for meeting me at the dam and letting me run your new prop Lance. I appreciate it. I think the new Bravo is a winner for the 21 boats.

Last edited:

biller31

Yes 1.62 sporty. Its odd but the power band on the 5850 limiter motor is different than the powerband on the 6300 limiter motor. I had it to about 5600 over a half mile run with my 5850 motor and Lance said he got 6000 out of it with the 6300 motor with the 27 pitch. This really is a rocket out of the hole prop for a 21 boat. (nothing is gonna pin you back to the seat like an XR with a drag or anything like that but, for our boats its near perfect) It really pleasantly surprised me! It was like adding 100hp of nitrous over the TXP I knock around with when fishing. I'll have one soon as. It should be noted that the vent holes are huge and we ran em empty wide open. I'm not sure what experimenting with the vent plugs will do and can only speculate that it is probably and very tunable prop with the mega sized vent plugs.

The Whip

Thanks guy's great report. I just ordered my 29p Bravo 1 XS. Should be a great match for my BasSport Pro 300XS 1.62. Should make a great fishing prop.

I am going to order a 33 OT from Todd for the days I feel brave lol...

Manny

cj707

Hey Whip, how about a report on the 29. I bought a 27 and had the holes hogged out some more. The prop seems to just hesitate before it takes off. Bigger holes helped me a lot. Only problem is it tops out at about 90-92. 29 seems like an awful lot of prop. I considered a labbed 28, but they seem to crack too often

RedAllison

Hope dat Merky wheel doesn't take out your skegs, cav plates or anything else when they start shedin blades!!! :cuss

As awesome as the Quad IV X-OB is, "The little prop shop that can" in OH is working on a new wheel that will blow ALL of em away and rechange what you think our 21s are capable of. I'm talkin mid-range that pulled right along side an XB02/280!!!

Ahhhhh patience grasshoppah, :razz
RA

landar

I'll be interested to see what this miracle prop is. I believe the right prop for a 21 would be a Pro et on a trophy style hub. I'm no prop expert though and I like the Bravo 1 XS I'm currently running.

The Whip

The only problem I have with the 29p is my hole shot. When I am very heavy, full fuel and full well and 500lbs of meat, she seems to have a hard time getting the rpm's to spin. Once she get's over 1200rpm then the bow comes down. I was tossing the idea of either oversizing the holes she has now, or drilling 4 more smaller one's and play with it that way.

I have logged around 40 hours on this prop and shows no sign of stress. Plate at around 1/4 above. Trim gauge and smart craft gauge show between 7.5 and 8.5. (5 degree wedge installed and both gauges bottom out at zero and clear the piston rams at 10)

I have never felt that I was going to get wet. I use a method of trim and JP Lee posted on BBC and it works for me.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300xs
Bravo 1 XS 29p