Bravo 1 XS new prop by mercury

TBuck2003

The only problem I have with the 29p is my hole shot. When I am very heavy, full fuel and full well and 500lbs of meat, she seems to have a hard time getting the rpm's to spin. Once she get's over 1200rpm then the bow comes down. I was tossing the idea of either oversizing the holes she has now, or drilling 4 more smaller one's and play with it that way.

I have logged around 40 hours on this prop and shows no sign of stress. Plate at around 1/4 above. Trim gauge and smart craft gauge show between 7.5 and 8.5. (5 degree wedge installed and both gauges bottom out at zero and clear the piston rams at 10)

I have never felt that I was going to get wet. I use a method of trim and JP Lee posted on BBC and it works for me.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300xs
Bravo 1 XS 29p
Manny,
You will see no signs of stress, unless it is a crack, or missing blade. I hope you get years out of it, best you can do is look at everything when you pull out.

TBuck

biller31

Hope dat Merky wheel doesn't take out your skegs, cav plates or anything else when they start shedin blades!!! :cuss

As awesome as the Quad IV X-OB is, "The little prop shop that can" in OH is working on a new wheel that will blow ALL of em away and rechange what you think our 21s are capable of. I'm talkin mid-range that pulled right along side an XB02/280!!!

Ahhhhh patience grasshoppah, :razz
RA
Yeah patience is something we're all known for around here... So lets have it! Give up the intel!

cj707

Even the 27 had a little hesitation before it took off. I hogged out the holes and it fixed the problem. Now I can pop up on plane with the smartcraft trim at 5. I just wish it wasn't on the limiter at 90. Was thinking of a labbed 28. Just don't want to spend the money to find out I don't like it. Plus, the thin stuff is prone to blade slinging. Guess I'll just wait for the magic prop from Hydromotive

The Whip

Thanks Lars I will hog those holes out a little first. Did a local machine shop drill it out for you or did you send it out to a prop shop.How much bigger did you go with the holes.

Thanks
Manny

cj707

Manny, I had a prop shop do it, but all they did was oblong the holes. Any machine shop can do it. The holes ended up being about another half a hole bigger. It really didn't take much.

reward69

Just got back from the lake trying out my new Bravo I xs 27 pitch. If the blades hold together this is one awesome prop for the 21's. Absolutly no prop slip or blow out on holeshot, great mid range and very good top end. I was able to sweak out 87.1 with a full tank and all my gear. Personally not that interested in overall top speed but where this prop shines is everywhere else. I was able to put the trim on 5 and still plane out with still no blow out. For a 27 it had very good excelleration. The handling was top of the line, with more bow lift than you would ever need. (actually had to be careful with the trim to not over trim vs a trophy.

I havent ran a hydromotive, but have used many different props over the years and I will say this is the best fishing prop I've ran (overall) to date. Personally I'll give up a couple on top for the overall performance.

Keeping the ole fingers crossed that the blades stay intact???

landar

The 27" bravo xs is an awesome prop. Best all around prop I have ran on my XB-21 250XS.

cj707

sure is a great fishing prop. Bravo 1's have been around for ever. shouldnt be a blade tosser (I hope) Just waitin for RA to let us know when the magic hydromotive prop is available. Until then, hands down the best all around prop for the 21.

08 2+2

glad to read this thread, i also have a 2+2 wit a 250xs, and have sent back two trophys to allison for a refund. they dint last 5 miles. was refered to todd, told him what i had and what i wanted it to do and shabang there it was a few days later and did just what it was suposed to do, and have not slung a blade yet, the boat drives well and will run 83 86 depending on wind or chop, and i think i set the standard for a monster load, dont no weight but lets just say stupid heavy!! i live in mich, and my cabin is in canada 8hrs north. so when i break something, i cant run to the corner to get a new whatever, it pretty much blows the holliday, and it has happened 2 times this year, just wanted to jump in and give my 2cents, and give credit where credit is due. thanks todd, and thank all you guys on here for great info>>>

Traybird

I got my 28p Bravo I XS friday and ran it over the weekend and had the same results as yall. I was very impressed. Thanks Lance for the recommendation. I didnt get to run it all out but got it up to 83 before having to get out of it due to boat wake.

Allyfishing

Just ran the new Hydromotive prototype today. Don't forget guys I have the 2.5L 225 ProMax and its not supposed to run a full barrel prop...so they say..All I can say is you guys will be lining up for this prop if you fish tourny's.

Holehsot incredible and midrange explosive and topend very respectable. 85 with a 225 Promax 2 200LB guys and all my regular stuff maybe less than 1/2 tank of fuel.

Manny gets to try it out tomorrow.

Stay tuned

No, no pictures allowed....sorry, as per Todd :beer:

The Whip

I left my Bravo 1XS 29p with Todd to add pvs to help me get out of the hole better under TX conditions. It will be my back up prop from now on.
My main prop will be my new Hydro IV X O/B 28p. Outstanding hole shot with better midrange and less wobble in the top end. Also gained 5 mph with full TX load.

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS
Hydro IV X O/B 28p

cj707

ok, so is the 1vxob the new prop? they have so many letters and numbers it hard to keep track. Or is the new one still a secret.

TBuck2003

Lars,
The QIV X OB has been out for a while. This is what Manny Ran on his 21 that totally outperformed the Bravo 1 XS. The new prop has not been produced yet. When it does I will let everyone know. I know the models can get confusing but let me try to make it understandable.

QIV cleaver style 15.5 diameter

QIV OT cleaver style over/thru exhaust like Trophy 14.75 Diameter.

QIV X... The X designates more of a round ear style blade. Stern drive version is 15" diameter and has a built in short ring(flare)

QIV X OB Same prop as above but the OB stands for Outboard prop which means it has DPVS holes and a long flare ring, with custom cupping per boat motor combo.

QIV X OT same round style blade over/thru exhaust like trophy 14.375 diameter.

Hope this helps...

TBuck

cj707

Thanks, that does help. I have an xb21 pro sport with a 300xs. I also run a bravo 1...among others. Sounds like the "new" prop...whatever it is will be the one for my setup. Let me know

The Whip

Lars, wait in line for the new prop lol.. I will be going down in the spring for somemore testing. Whatever my tub does you should be 4mph faster.

TBuck2003

Lars,
The new wheel is showing great results. I think you could improve a bunch right now with the QIV X OB. You are always welcome to try one, or call to talk set up. Good luck,

TBuck

cj707

Lars,
The new wheel is showing great results. I think you could improve a bunch right now with the QIV X OB. You are always welcome to try one, or call to talk set up. Good luck,

TBuck
I'm sure the x ob is a great prop, but I don't want to buy one. Then buy another when the new one comes out. I already have a shelf full of "yesterdays" best props. I guess I'll have to wait