Built in measuring board!!

fishnfireman

Most of the fish I catch are longer than that board :laughing
it is in fact only 17 inches long. It's one of the few boards that will actualy fit inside the lid closure on the Allison. I have found it to be very handy and time saving. during a big money tournament
that board is just for measuring keepers. It is actaully a (willie go board) which most tournaments in this area recognize as the "official" measuring stick for determining a legal catch which is 14" statewide in Texas with some special regulations on a few lakes.

If you will notice to the left of the board there is a color coded set of fish markers with an eraser board to keep track of the better fish..i use a good set of digital scales..weigh them --mark it down--and cull accordingly.

I had this same piece in my old 2003... i had got tired of looking for a measuring board. So what better place to mount one than on the livewell lid............Your right there anyway...if he gets loose while your trying to measure him--odds are he will go in the livewell or in the bottom of the boat..rather than back in the lake.
I used a piece of aluminum lid hinge..and bolted/ rivited the cull board to the live well lid.It is mounted in such a way. that it stops. like a tray so it is flat when opened for use. then folds back flat against the inside of the livwell lid with a little handmade quick latch, when not in use..
PS it sees very little use on Amistad..they go straight to the digital scales..as there is NO doubt they are over 14"