c&o marine selling new 2008 21 prosport on Craiglict for 30,000

bassman33

Just looked at craiglist and C&0 marine selling a new 21:prosport allison for 30,000 w out motor of course,dropped almost 5,000 dollars ,Is economy getting that bad?

Meyers

It has been at the dealership for a long time and with credit the way it is...a "new" 3 year old "model year" is hard to get financing without a lot of cash down...

That boat is very nice but the local bullet dealer here has the same problem with a new hull (never rigged) 2007 21 XRD.

etnprop

we've done our three boat/fishing shows in East Tennessee and I'm seeing about as many "new" 08/09 boats as I am 2010.

champ198

They've had that boat, a BasSport Pro, and XB2002 for a couple of years. The Allison boats just never picked up in Middle Tennessee for some reason. The market is saturated by Rangers, Tritons, Skeeters, Stratos, and BassCats. All of them are convinced (by the media, their dealers, and their buddies) their boat is better than anyone elses. Lots of misinformation out there too. I'd say if someone called C&O and talked to them, it would be going home to someone.

I had one guy tell me that as soon as he saw a pro win a major Elite series event in an Allison that he'd buy one. I told him in that case he'd never know the thrill of owning one. In fact, I'd rather not see a dipshit like that owning such a fine boat if they are that vulnerable to the effects of the marketing coolaid.

GotMyAlly

Have those boats been used for demo rides and sat outside to the point that they look used? Or are they in like-new condition?

BP1

If you can't sell new Allisons in TN...Houston we got a problem.
(not blaming C&O)

champ198

Since C&O took Allison, they've sold Rob's (new), Denver's (was mine new), Lance's (new), Craigs (new), and my 2010 (new), and a couple of Allisons that were traded. So, it's not like they aren't selling any Allisons, those particular boats just aren't getting any interest.

Bobalouie

They are asking too much. The bank I went thru to get financing would only loan $21.5K on a 2008 XB2002 with a 2000 280 on it. They were only giving about $16500 for the hull alone. The fact that those boats are retail and have never been owned would probably give you a few thousand extra on the hull price. In the case of the XB02 they have, no bank is going to be anywhere close to $36K on that boat with that motor. You would have to come up with $10-15K out of pocket to take that boat home. And you would still have to put electronics, troller, and gages in it. So figure another $2K min for that stuff.

Thats a lot of cake to shell out of pocket in this economy. But I understand thier position, they cant take a loss on the boat and expect to stay in business. Once the economy picks back up and the banks start loaning again and people dont have to shell out 40-50% of the value of the package out of pocket, then they will move those hulls.

Allyfishing

I don't know where they kept mine all that time but it looks and "smells" new. LOL You would never know that it sat since early 2008. We looked at the BasSport Pro sitting out front uncovered and it too looked in great shape. I didn't get the impression that it sat long. Unfortunately we did not get to see the XB-21 ProSport. I actually considered buying that one first but the 2+2 is more practical for my wife and I.

Heck, it was the first time I had ever even seen an Allison!! Let alone knowing that I was actually there to buy one! I can't begin to describe the feeling.

No matter how you look at it, 30 Grand for a 21' ProSport is not going to happen ever again! Todd has that Merc 225x for sale for I think 9G! total under 40G???!!!! :banghead

Meyers

They are asking too much. The bank I went thru to get financing would only loan $21.5K on a 2008 XB2002 with a 2000 280 on it. They were only giving about $16500 for the hull alone. The fact that those boats are retail and have never been owned would probably give you a few thousand extra on the hull price. In the case of the XB02 they have, no bank is going to be anywhere close to $36K on that boat with that motor. You would have to come up with $10-15K out of pocket to take that boat home. And you would still have to put electronics, troller, and gages in it. So figure another $2K min for that stuff.

Thats a lot of cake to shell out of pocket in this economy. But I understand thier position, they cant take a loss on the boat and expect to stay in business. Once the economy picks back up and the banks start loaning again and people dont have to shell out 40-50% of the value of the package out of pocket, then they will move those hulls.
This is what I was trying to say about someone needing the cash to get into it. It takes alot of dough upfront, in a time when people are starting to accumulate savings, to actually get into this boat and banks are only going to give NADA which is not a fair valuation but what they need to base lending decisions upon.

I hope Todd sells it...as for the 225X...that is not enough HP on that boat...

Bobalouie

I agree, NADA suxs. I even went so far as to call them and talk to the head of their marine division and explain to him how 280s are out of production, and with supply being smaller than demand, how could they possibly be losing value? I also told them they needed to look at what Allison hulls go for in the market rather than just simply applying thier standard depreciation value. The guy had no idea that Allison fits into the limited production catagory and that hulls routinely sell for about $10K more than NADA lists as their value. NADA lists a 2008 XB2002 at $15480 when retail price for the hull is $29K and change. A 50% depreciation in only 2 years? For an Allison? I dont really think so, but like you said, that is what the banks go by.

Darth VMAX

...as for the 225X...that is not enough HP on that boat...
LMAO.... who would have ever thought at 240ish hp motor would nopt be enough hp for a fish-n-ski???

He had that 225x on the new XB2002 Fasbass. It was a PERFECT combo (both hp and colors). It sat there unsold. Unbeleivable that thing never sold. One of the prettiest XB2002's i have seen.

Meyers

I agree that the 2002 and the 225X was a great combo!

I was referring to the XB21...a guy down here is running a 300 on his and it cruises all day long at 80 and set up to fish it runs into the trips...I am not a speed freak (or I would have another hull than the 2+2) but I do want to make sure I get to my fish before anyone else!

IRONBLOCK

Thanks Bassman33, Has anyone seen this boat recently or the BSPro? Surely they have been kept covered all this time. You knew things had to be tough when they started selling motors separately on new boats. Like "I'll take the engine out of that ZR-1 sitting there", GM.

Oh, I had to check every Craigslist in TN twice to find the listing, (Knoxville) actually at $30,500 today. The 02 was listed under Nashville, I think.

hullbilly

Wow, those yellow and black 21's are awesome looking rigs. Did C&O sell the the 250 and 300 off those boats already?

john4utvols

They are asking too much. The bank I went thru to get financing would only loan $21.5K on a 2008 XB2002 with a 2000 280 on it. They were only giving about $16500 for the hull alone. hulls.
My 08 stream and a 91 260, I was able to get $30,000 if I needed it. This was through Bank of America. I know I could do the same with a Allison.

Bobalouie

Bank of America is who I was dealing with. They would give 21500 for the 08 xb2002 and 2000 280, if it had an 08 280 (which as we all know, does not exist) the price was 28500.

If anyone has any ideas on financing options, I am all ears. I am going to try again in the spring and try a couple of local banks to see if they are any easier to work with.

Last edited: