Crank question

bc's xtb21

Ive got my 2.5 260 I'm building tore down out in the shop and it may be a few months till I can scrape together to get all my parts. My question is does it matter how I store the crank when it is out of the block. I've been in a lot of auto machine shops and they had the cranks hanging. A guy there told me that they were hung because if they are left laying down for an extended period it could cause them to slightly warp. I've got mine just laying on a table in the shop. Also I got done bead blasting my block and it shines like a new nickel now but how do you guys wash all the media out of the block to be sure you get it clean, that stuff couldn't be good on your bearings.thanks

Brack

yeah...hang your crank.......yeah I know, Im old school

take the block and front half to the car wash....and do it to it

suicidealli

I soak them down with 2cycle oil, and bag them too.

I have sat them in the front half, and wrap the hole thing in plastic, if the block has to be sent out. If it is going to be a long time I then put everything in a box and tape it up. I never hung one up, but I use to stand them up in a rack, and zip tied it.

I really don't think it matters, but lube it up, so I doesn't rust.

+2 for the car wash, your going to get soaking wet...... Spray everything...... Really check behind the liner for tiny pieces of junk.....

Roy

wc911

If you will put a pieace of cardboard in the bag with the crank , it will draw what moisture that gets in the bag to it. But you still need to oil it, and hang or stand it up.