Curious

XSive

I'm curious what you guys think about someone running around the country buying every Allison for sale then jacking up the price. Personally, while its a free country I hope he chokes. :big grin

I would buy a Ranger before I'd buy something off him. I'm laughing at the 1990 Yellow XB2002 that he wants $9k for. The guy selling it before him only wanted $7k for it...9k for a 1990 in this econiomy..smoke another one.

GFinch

Didn't know Lou would sell any of his fleet.:laughing
Naa, your probably talking about the person that is selling 3 though.:shock:

XSive

Didn't know Lou would sell any of his fleet.:laughing
Naa, your probably talking about the person that is selling 3 though.:shock:

It is 4 XB2002's today, that was yesterday. Lou actually buys them with the intent of enjoying them. I'm not sure he drives them but John R claims he caught him in the boat shed once......:LMAO:

Scott Gilmore

I'm curious what you guys think about someone running around the country buying every Allison for sale then jacking up the price. Personally, while its a free country I hope he chokes. :big grin

I would buy a Ranger before I'd buy something off him. I'm laughing at the 1990 Yellow XB2002 that he wants $9k for. The guy selling it before him only wanted $7k for it...9k for a 1990 in this econiomy..smoke another one.
I think that's called being in the boat business. He just happens to have great taste in boats. I think if he can turn a 1 to 2k profit per copy GOOD FOR HIM !!! Scott :beer:

h2oskiier30

The only thing I'll say is that no one works harder than him at keeping the price of used Allison's high. :wink

bigtis

I'm curious what you guys think about someone running around the country buying every Allison for sale then jacking up the price. Personally, while its a free country I hope he chokes.

my mom always told me if someone aint jealous of what your doing, then you aint doing it right!!!! FYI the blueprint job on the bottom of the yellow xb02 was almost a 3K job in itself. then most that I buy are boats in need of TLC!! that's how I make a buck. I clean em and get em lookin presentable. and If I''ve got to I put a mota on it to make a little $$$$$ then I do. I drag race, and aint nobody paying my bills so I gotta do what I gotta do. If that means turning my hobbie into profit then so be it. At least I aint selling drugs to your kids... I'm only 25 and could be occupying myself with self destructive activities, instead I plan on being debt free by the time I'm 30. forgive me if I misunderstood your statement. OH, and I do plan on smoking another one, RIGHT AFTER LUNCH!!!!

It is 4 XB2002's today, that was yesterday. Lou actually buys them with the intent of enjoying them. I'm not sure he drives them but John R claims he caught him in the boat shed once......:LMAO:
I've driven almost every Allison I've owned. that's the kicker. I wanna own and have driven EVEry ALLISON MADE. I wanna be like scott!!!

I think that's called being in the boat business. He just happens to have great taste in boats. I think if he can turn a 1 to 2k profit per copy GOOD FOR HIM !!! Scott :beer:
Thanks scott!!!!

The only thing I'll say is that no one works harder than him at keeping the price of used Allison's high. :wink
I'm gonna make you 1-2K when you get ready to sell yours. You bought yours at a price I'd have payed if I had the $$$$$ at that time. Your gonna benefit from my Inflation of used Allisons.

i really like that yellow one..... 9k is way to much.... find another yellow one though....
it looks clean..
your right, find another yellow one. especially a comp, with a race fairing and a bottom as nice as this one is. I've been through enough to know what they'll bring. the boat was advertised on fastbass for a while. it'll sell over there, but not at the rate as it would on SnF. there more to see over there. Bottom line. Roy, Oran will let the yellow 02 go for 8500 if your interested.

whipper

Every tangible idem in the world is for sale. The guy with the Allison dealership buys lower and sells higher. I think if you can do this then thats awesome. It would sure beat working at a pulpmill.:big grin

BP1

Every tangible idem in the world is for sale. The guy with the Allison dealership buys lower and sells higher. I think if you can do this then thats awesome. It would sure beat working at a pulpmill.:big grin
Is he a dealer?
He hasn't said.

Curly

I would not laugh at a $2000 profit because the boat will sale, it's that clean.
If you wanted it and could have bought it for less money, what happened? I can tell you when he sells a boat it's show room condition. Anyone who has ever bought an older boat and put forth the elbow-grease to get it looking good (add new carpet kits, bottom work, etc...) would understand the price mark up. Go pay someone to FULLY detail and recondition a boat and that will give you a better prespective on the mark up. Your almost paying for the parts and he is supplying free labor on cleaning and installing the new parts.

BP1

I would not laugh at a $2000 profit because the boat will sale, it's that clean.
If you wanted it and could have bought it for less money, what happened? I can tell you when he sells a boat it's show room condition. Anyone who has ever bought an older boat and put forth the elbow-grease to get it looking good (add new carpet kits, bottom work, etc...) would understand the price mark up. Go pay someone to FULLY detail and recondition a boat and that will give you a better prespective on the mark up. Your almost paying for the parts and he is supplying free labor on cleaning and installing the new parts.
Is there a showroom?

BP1

He even has his own boat launch so you can go test em BEFORE you buy em:LMAO::beer:
So he is a licensed business, with a showroom and a launch?
Whats the name of the business, in case somebody were wanting to check out the inventory and give a call a first?