Custom bedliner install

LakeAnna

Looks good, did you use the tintable raptor kit? I've used Raptor on a couple of projects and it is super easy to spray and seems to be very durable. I preped the bed of a 72 c10 and shot it with it and it looked as nice as the $500 line-x jobs. Granted you can't throw bricks and cinder block on it but it should do awesome in the boat. NICE JOB!

Last edited:

blake985

Thanks for the compliments, I spray bedliners on the side (evenings&weekends) I use a few different products. This is the raptor kit, I like the texture for boats. Its not as rough as some of the stuff I use in trucks.

xb03

I've been wanting to do something like this to mine. Looks good! On mine I think black would look best but its so hot seating in the sun. So, this is my problem.

LakeAnna

I've been wanting to do something like this to mine. Looks good! On mine I think black would look best but its so hot seating in the sun. So, this is my problem.
Black is HOT for sure. You could take a look at Zolatone 20 series coatings they are offered in silver-grey, marble and several others. It's like an industrial coating for aluminum, fiberglass you name it.

The silver grey would look nice on the white...

LakeAnna

I want to do this to mine in charcoal (or lighter) gray. How much would it cost?
The raptor you can get for about 120.00 and you need whatever color like a pint from a supply house. So about 150.00 for the liner and tint. If you know someone at a body shop get them to mix you enough to tint with.

You need an air compressor and regulator for the gun... and all the mess to prep it. You don't have to do a lot of sanding the liner covers real well. Just make sure you scuff it and clean it with final wash real well. Tape/mask and shoot!
Test your spray pattern on a piece of plywood first... little practice never hurts. Sounds kinda crazy but if it takes 8 hours to do it... 7 1/2 will be prep and tape work. The fun (spraying) is the easy part.

Last edited:

JOEALLY

The raptor you can get for about 120.00 and you need whatever color like a pint from a supply house. So about 150.00 for the liner and tint. If you know someone at a body shop get them to mix you enough to tint with.

You need an air compressor and regulator for the gun... and all the mess to prep it. You don't have to do a lot of sanding the liner covers real well. Just make sure you scuff it and clean it with final wash real well. Tape/mask and shoot!
Test your spray pattern on a piece of plywood first... little practice never hurts. Sounds kinda crazy but if it takes 8 hours to do it... 7 1/2 will be prep and tape work. The fun (spraying) is the easy part.
Sounds pretty straight forward, I may have to take a stab at it.

woodsman

Does this stuff get hot in the sun??? I like to fish barefoot or just socks sometimes.. Is the texture hard on a barefoot? Looks great......

Roy
Yeah what he said!
Also, would this do well in the compartments, gunwells, ext?

blake985

Well I spent ALOT of time sanding and filling screw holes with fiberglass because the liner will not cover inperfections like u would think. If there's a screw hole r a spot of glue it will show up in the liner. One kit wont do a liner with the logo in it unless u shortchange an area which I won't do so u need 2 kits = about $240+$35 sticker +masking tape, acetone, masking paper, paint. So there u go. Or u could drop it off to me and I'll hook ur ally up for $600!

About the heat. Carpet gets too hot to stand on barefoot the difference is u can't just splash water on it to cool it off like u can with this :laughing

It gets as hot as anything else. It's really not bad.

JOEALLY

Well I spent ALOT of time sanding and filling screw holes with fiberglass because the liner will not cover inperfections like u would think. If there's a screw hole r a spot of glue it will show up in the liner. One kit wont do a liner with the logo in it unless u shortchange an area which I won't do so u need 2 kits = about $240+$35 sticker +masking tape, acetone, masking paper, paint. So there u go. Or u could drop it off to me and I'll hook ur ally up for $600!

About the heat. Carpet gets too hot to stand on barefoot the difference is u can't just splash water on it to cool it off like u can with this :laughing

It gets as hot as anything else. It's really not bad.
If you were close to my neck of the woods, I'd probably take you up on that.

bullwhipjkg

Im talking it over with tha boss yall are only 3-3.5 hrs away

My capert is gray with red around the edges

Wonder how close to mariner gray u could get