Discussion and Vote for 2015 Watts Bar Rally

Allyfishing

The rally ended up a great success this year and thanks to our sponsors who helped in a big way to make it happen. There were some stressful moments leading up to the final week wondering if and where and how we were going to pull off a banquet without the Terrace View Restaurant and bar.

Skewby pulled some strings and procured a tent in case it was to be in his yard. It was catered (by 2 ladies Skewby knew and it was delicious) due to NO RESTAURANT at Terrace and eventually Paul let us have it there (at a price of course). So for the week there was no restaurant and no bar, but we had a whole lot of fun (ask the screamers) in spite of it all and once again descended upon Skewby's house, kitchen and yard!!

So, knowing that Paul has not opened the bar and restaurant to date and Skewby has heard that he may just use it for events we decided to not only book the Terrace (just in case) but Euchee Resort as well for the 21st thru the 28th of June 2015.

Here is where the discussion comes in. Those who attended the rally this year know that Euchee has a dock bar and live entertainment on Friday nite. There is another bar next to the restaurant in the upper building. There are 2 concrete pavilions on the other side of the point and a huge grassy area to park boats and a 2 lane launch.

The hotel unit has 11 units of multiple sizes along with 4 floating cabins with boat parking in the water next to the cabin.

Terrace View has the marina docking, a pool, a store for ice and no restaurant and no bar (as of now). There was no one else there for us to bother or offend or complain about us. There were, however, 2 older fellas (they have been there each year)that booked a room next to Roy's and a few of the screamers on the second floor. I apologized to them for the rowdiness and they told me "why do you think we booked this room in the first place?" HUH??? "This reminds us of when we were younger!!" They had a blast!

OK, so what do you all think about next year? Discussions and then we will vote on Terrace or Euchee. Here is the website for Euchee Resort and Sam's Boat Dock: http://www.samsboatdock.net/ and http://www.eucheemarinaresort.com/

Sam's Boat Dock was suggested by Skewby in case we need extra room for the rally. It is a cove down from Euchee.

I might add this now as well....Skewby and I have been talking to Mrs. Allison beings its their 60th Anniversary we might spend the entire day at the factory/Fort Loudon river run to the Stadium/hang at a sand bar south of the park launch and then have the banquet at a hall close to the Allison's since we'll be there anyway. We need to plan a big event for that day as well.

Ok, lets have it....thoughts???

biller31

We need to take into consideration next year is the 60th anniversary of Allison Boats and ask that EVERYBODY get together wherever THE ALLISON's want us to be.

Allyfishing

I agree Ben, that's for the 60th celebration up in Louisville. i am looking for input on where everyone wants to stay on Watts Bar...Euchee or Terrace View??

Skewby has already talked to Mrs. Allison about possible activities that week

skewby

i say euchee. they have agreed to give a 10% discount on all rooms and cabins, they have an established restaurant with a bar, the dock bar, and very grateful to have us their. they have the swimming area around back by the ramp and pavilions for kids and families to hang out if they dont want ride in the boats.

to me the discount is great for all owners coming(not been able to get a discount at terrace view) in to save money. and having somewhere to eat is always a good thing. we can cook at the pavilion, and i'll bring my enclosed over to lock up all the coolers, food and cook gear, or whatever needs to be locked up for the week. i'm sure i get get the owners to work with us on drink specials and other thing for the week. euchee also has a full service campground if people want to bring a camper or possibly want to rough it in a tent. it will be nice to have an owner that appreciates all the recognition and money they receive for us being there.

i'm working on the owner to try to have 91+ octane on sight for the week for us with the older engines.

the bad about euchee for me is its a longer run into town the days i have ball practice and i will have to rent a room not sleep in my own bed....lol

its the 60th year celebration for the greatest boats made, lets get all the old faces back and hopefully many more new faces and boats. i have been talking to nancy things that are in the works for the rally trying to make it bigger and better again this year. if anyone has any ideals let me know. this year will be the year that we make the run up north to fort loudon dam, 100 plus mile run round trip.

biller31

Works out for me. I'll stay with Uncle Jim and Aunt Pam in the Euchee cove next year then. I just want to see more of the old faces from back before we split. I want the whole family together.

robo ss

also 2 stores 1-3.3 miles away from euchee another 3.5 miles away both and with 100% fuel , 1with 87 octane, other has 93 octane (good good biscuits too!). ten mile groc & riverside iga . euchee will b more accomodating (rest, bar,music) think everyone will enjoy the change & like skewby said they want us to b there & that always helps.

xskid

i would love to go next year for the 60th. was there for the 50th.