ECU for 260

Luketrician

I think I may have some issues with a Brucato ACU/ECU? Was wanting to try a different one, maybe buy. Either Merc or another Brucato? I have replaced stator etc, injectors flowed, new battery.

My motor runs good..as long as you are not trying to accelerate or run high speeds. EGTs on Starboard side drop from 7-800 degrees to 600 degrees, when accelerating, at the same time, port side EGTs jump up to around 1000 degrees.

I am thinking for some reason, I am loosing fire to on some cylinders on Starboard side, don't know if its fuel, spark, or gaskets? Rings?

Look forward to hearing back from yall, thanks!

Luketrician

I have replaced them..I forgot about them. I would open to re-trying everything at this point haha

chad202

you may have a head gasket leak or divider gasket leak. Had that happen to me once before.

Luketrician

Hey Chad, how are things? Been awhile. Thanks for bringing that up, the gaskets are something that I have yet to replace. So far..new ACU, new switchboxes, new stator, trigger, battery, inspected cylinders, injectors flowed (well not recently, but have been 3 yrs ago)

chad202

I have dual pyros and actually felt and saw when it happened. I checked spark and voltage with a dva and all checked out. Made a quick call to my mechanic and he pointed me in the right direction. im good bro. Don't get on board much. Been way to busy.

BigRedAlli

Had the same problem with my 260 that also ended up being the divider plate gasket. Make sure you use the correct gasket. Not all 2.5's use the same gasket.

Luketrician

thanks for the replies and advice, I will look at those gaskets this week, it's one of the few things i haven't replaced ha! Will report back asap