Facebook folks please come home!!!

GotMyAlly

Anybody that witnessed my swim at the rally this year can attest to the fact that Remedy A is not as simple as it sounds on a 21.........

Luketrician

hey yall I still around too...only went boating a handful of times this year. Kinda lost contact with my Watts Bar buddies too..how yall doin

Dave Hensley

Just had meat loaf, stewed potatos and salad at home. Happy Birthday to whoever had a birthday today. I would post a picture of the front or back or side of my boat but it is too cold. Going fishing Saturday. Anybody that is a fan of any other team but the UT Vols suck.

Jon

Supporting Member
I just had some pork belly on some mashed sweet potatoes at a place on Gay St, Dave.

I need to get back over to that nice place in Maryville to eat sometime... something Mill House I think.

whipper

Thanks Whip. It does stink that it is winter, but if I do not get my boat projects done now, you will see all the stuff I skipped over on the boat next summer... and I get NOTHING done in the summer other than sucking gas.
Well {they} are saying gas and oil will me low for 4-5 years and we may never see high gas prices again. hmmmm 260 is looking mighty fine right about now.:big grin

Dave Hensley

I just had some pork belly on some mashed sweet potatoes at a place on Gay St, Dave.

I need to get back over to that nice place in Maryville to eat sometime... something Mill House I think.
We don't have a "Gay" street in Maryville.....we do have a Foothill's Milling Company.

rmills280

hey yall I still around too...only went boating a handful of times this year. Kinda lost contact with my Watts Bar buddies too..how yall doin
whats up Luke was wondering what happened to ya, me and Skewby still runnin the bar as much as ever, no more dollar beers at Blue Springs though.

skewby

hey luke whats up? missed seeing you this year on the bar. it is sad we no longer have the dollar drafts at blue springs, us poor folks have to learn math to figure out our tabs. i'm going to miss just counting beers

skewby

no way!!!! some days me and roger were the only customers in there. we like supporting the local watering holes

Jon

Supporting Member
Skewby, where are you actually at on the lake? I'm in the cove across from long island where the marina used to be located.

skewby

i'm in the cove just before terrace view, on that peninsula . around 25 miles south of you. i was up your way at red bones with the boat a couple weeks ago. i was going to head out this week end and burn some gas but work is sending me to Nashville area all week end.

Jon

Supporting Member
I put in last in November, and it was a little chilly, but the thing that I didn't like is there was a lot of trash in the water. I've never been much of a winter boater. My dock is dry in the winter anyway, and the only ramp that is decent is next to Food City in Kingston. I do need to run over to Larry and Kirk's to do a little horse trading this weekend though :)

Jon

Supporting Member
It's supposed to be 55 and sunny on Saturday, so that could be doable.

Skewby, I rarely have ridden down river in the past. I've always had ski boats, and for some years, just the jon boat, which wasn't fun in the water down that direction. For some reason between 58 bridge and where you're at, the wind is always perfect there and its white capping. I usually run between 58 and 75 bridge. I'll be down that way a lot more next year though. I did ride once from the house to sand island and back, and with the 200XS only used about 3/8 of a tank of gas! I was running 60-65.

skewby

once you get past the right hand turn after southwest point, in the river it usually smooths out real nice all the to goat(half moon) island. then it gets the wind down by euchee and gats a lil rough. the great thing about this end of the river is you have sugar valley to beach at goat and sand island, then you 4 marinas with in 7-10 mile of each other that you can stop to eat or drink