Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

Kerry Cordy

Who can I contact to get a honest opinion on what the fair market value is on my Allison Bassboat that I want to sell. I would like to start a post but I have no idea what the fair market value is.

Thanks, Allen

Kerry Cordy

I'm the original owner of an 1997 xb2003. I installed a 2005 280ss on it a few years ago. The Merc had 35 original hrs on it when I bought it. I need to take it to a dealer to download the computer to get the current hours. The motor is all original and never opened. I had Brucato set the injectors when I bought it and again last year. Boat has never been touched and has the stock lip. Boat has all the goodies, bench seat, skid planer, Allison hydrolic steering etc. It runs fully loaded with two guys 89mph with a modified 26 trophy. I just don't have the time to use it anymore and I want it to go to someone that would appreciate the rare dream boat. I just don't know what it's worth.
Thanks, Allen

Attachments

scj

I'd start at $24000 as the engine is worth 12 to 13 just as long as the nickasil is still good.

Nice looking boat

catfish123

I would recommend getting an authorized Mercury mechanic to test both leakdown and compression on the motor and then get a certified statement verifying the results. This information would be required by many people seriously interested in purchasing your boat and motor. It is a very nice combination and appears to be in excellent condition. Good luck with the sale.

Kerry Cordy

Catfish, I'm going to get all the motor data before I post it for sell. I like how the computer also tells how many hours it ran in different rpm ranges.

gmorgan

If it were mine, I would try to get a maximum of $20,000. I bought a 1998 model two years ago with a 1997 225 Super Magnum for $15,000. Boat was in great shape but I upgraded steering, gauges, seating, replaced carpet and depth finders. My boat also had dual axle trailer. That's my honest opinion.

catfish123

If it were mine, I would try to get a maximum of $20,000. I bought a 1998 model two years ago with a 1997 225 Super Magnum for $15,000. Boat was in great shape but I upgraded steering, gauges, seating, replaced carpet and depth finders. My boat also had dual axle trailer. That's my honest opinion.
I agree.

Allyfishing

more pictures please!! close ups! That boat looks mint...I love it. same color as mine...if I were wealthy I would buy it

Jon

Supporting Member
If you have it at $20k and the engine checks out, you'll have a line of people.

I'm interested for myself - keep us posted how the leak down checks out.

Kerry Cordy

I will make an appointment with my Mercury mechanic asap. I have another strange question. I have mixed emotions about selling this to a non-experienced Allison Driver. The ideal situation is that a veteran Allison Driver pick up the boat. The 280ss is just an incredible experience but as you guys all well know the ultra-performance of this set-up must be respected. Just something that's on my mind.

I appreciate everyone's advice and comments on this thread, Allen

Attachments

dubmoney

I paid 11,500 for my 1996 xb03 last year, boat not motor. I think it was a fair price, it is in very good condition. It came with a Tandom Axle trailer which I value at 1500.00 upgrade on the used market. I paid $8000.00 for a Short shaft 260 that was fresh. I then spent another 4 to 5K rigging, and shipping. I have since paid very close attension to the prices that have been advertised and I still feel that I would be hard pressed to get a rig of that pedigree, on my doorstep ready to run for less than 23K. I also think your 280 is a rare motor, and the right guy should be willing to pay upwards of 25K total package. I live in Vancouver Washington and bought the boat in Illinois, and the motor in Wisconsin. I had never driven an Allison before but did have bass boat experience. I had wanted and Allison for 15 years and read everything I could find. They should be respected, and I think your concern about selling one to someone who is maybe careless, is valid. I think you will be able to tell if the guy you sell it to is the type to go out and be careless. They don't make XB03 anymore, show me a bass boat that is capable of triple digits, for less than 30K. Ya, and xb02, but some barely consider an 03 a tournment boat.

Jon

Supporting Member
I have mixed emotions about selling this to a non-experienced Allison Driver. The ideal situation is that a veteran Allison Driver pick up the boat. The 280ss is just an incredible experience but as you guys all well know the ultra-performance of this set-up must be respected. Just something that's on my mind.
As someone who regularly drives over 100 with my 280, when it isn't blown up, I understand. I could put your mind to rest by just selling to me. No need to listen to the other jokers here :)

As you can see, there is some interest. Real interest will be cash in hand, but I don't think you'll have too much problem with the prices people are telling you, especially this time of year.

Jon

Supporting Member
About the safety thing - we all started somewhere. It isn't the best beginners boat setup, and it'll definitely kill someone being stupid. I imagine it'll likely end up with someone who knows what it is and probably knows how to drive it.