Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

Kerry Cordy

These 2 dealerships are frustrating. I show up this morning, the mechanic takes into the shop, and I watch him using the key on the dash to turn the motor over cold to do the compression check. I went into the service department and asked what that's about? He asked me to go talk to the manager. I asked that he warm up the motor first so he had the mechanic start the test over. Then he's out there with a normal 1/2 inch racket, by himself, holding on to that thing trying to do a leak down test. Then the parts manager said their done. I looked at the sheet and I asked him to explain the numbers. What the heck is <20? He says it's all good. This is a dealer that's been around for ever. They have never seen a 280.

Allen

flying07

These 2 dealerships are frustrating. I show up this morning, the mechanic takes into the shop, and I watch him using the key on the dash to turn the motor over cold to do the compression check. I went into the service department and asked what that's about? He asked me to go talk to the manager. I asked that he warm up the motor first so he had the mechanic start the test over. Then he's out there with a normal 1/2 inch racket, by himself, holding on to that thing trying to do a leak down test. Then the parts manager said their done. I looked at the sheet and I asked him to explain the numbers. What the heck is <20? He says it's all good. This is a dealer that's been around for ever. They have never seen a 280.

Allen
That makes a little more sense then. Frustrating you had to pay the bill, as the numbers likely mean nothing . . . . . good luck, and tell that last marine to send their mechanic back to school!haha

Kerry Cordy

I just made an appointment with a dealership that knows what they are doing. I will be making the trip to Gone fishing Marine on March 15th.
Allen

Garry Hagins

I wish I would have seen this before I ordered my boat. Oh well about another month and I will have my Pro sport. Can't wait the anticipation is building.

Kerry Cordy

Yes, I watched him from a distance and can verify he warmed the motor up first. Anyone can call him if they want to verify his work or has questions. He is familiar with the 280 and has been working on Mercury's since 1998. I had to laugh because he talked about a 280 on a tunnel experience at over 100 and he said it scared him to death, lol. Allen