Fastest Bass Boat

David Shook

Congrats,
Well Fellow A boat owners, We just celebrated 18 years of dominance for the Allison bassboat on April 22nd, Scott Sisco and Jaco Marine held the record for nine years with the help of Mercury Marine and their factory team of mechanics at 105.7 , with a boat built very light and highly engineered to set the record , and I've had it the last 9 yrs with a boat bought out of a salvage yard with a stock 300 drag at 12 mph faster with the tech support of my wife telling me to go kick some *** , just goes to show , anybody With an A boat can get the job done.
If you boys care about keeping the record you need to figure out out the new larger boats and the new heavy motors , I don't know what it will be called class wise but i'm sure there will be a class opened up in the APBA for the four strokes as I think the Pro
Bass Unlimited is over as the apba told me I couldn't run again without a capsule, that is some funny **** .
It also amazes me we still have a dealer that advertises that he has the bassboat record at 115 at 1/8 mile with a stop watch ,When my record speed was close to 117 in 5/8 mile with one run at 5/8 mile at 119 mph with the best timing equipment in the world ,Go Figure !!!!!!
I just hope one of you A Boat guys with the big boats and the four strokes keeps the Record for us A boys and Darris, the Hot Foot Has to be to the floor and if you are worried about hitting the trim , call me , I have a nerve problem in my right thumb ,the s.o.b. just keeps twitching, LMAO!!!!!!
Good luck and be careful Love my A family!!!!!!
Shook

whipper

Great to hear your thumbs still twitching thats the only way to get er done.:big grin

Congrats on holding the record for so long to Mr Shook!! Thats a long time in this day and age to hold a record. Just goes to show ya how well designed our A boats are and some of the skilled drivers driving them like your self. I pretty sure your records going to stand for a very long time. No one even close these days in a Bass boat with a 2.5. Some of the new big motors getting there but not stock power, or stock boats and still there over 5 mph shy one way. Taking the 3 way average is a whole nother level of boating. Some guys can have a good run in a long stretch. But to do 3 back to back runs in a shorter distance. Well that kind of consistency is alot harder then most would imagine.

Hope winters finally moving out in NC for ya to get some boating done. Were close hear about another two weeks and we might see water.:laughing

suicidealli

As far as the older small bass boats like the xb2002, I believe they don't do that anymore from what I was told. I had a friend set the record last year for a single engine 26' or 27' V bottom. 502 in a fountain. I think he went 107. Some stiff competition out there in the new 21' + bass boats. I think Kurt when he had his stroker went 110+. Sure would nice to see a 21 ally put up a big number.

Darth VMAX

.... as I think the Pro
Bass Unlimited is over as the apba told me I couldn't run again without a capsule, that is some funny **** ......
So does this cover all bassboats? If this is the case, then I don't see anyone given credence to a bassboat record (if one could ever break Mr. Shooks record) from an extremely modified boat that is covered by a capsule.

GotMyAlly

Wasn't the boat supposed to be a production hull to run in that class? Once you put a capsule on it, there's nothing production about it.....