Finally got my Lithium Pro!!!

Allyfishing

I removed the 2 lead acid batteries up front in my BasSport Pro which weighed 105LB and replaced with this one at 31.5LB. So I've saved 73.5 LB of weight.

The first thing I noticed after charging was complete is that my Stealth volt gauge now showed 27.5 v. After full charge on the two lead acid batteries it always showed 26.1.

I got out fishing a bit after work yesterday and I did notice that I turned down the speed on the TM pedal. Seemed I had more power.

Mr. Allison recommeded I move my cranking battery (80LB Die Hard PM1) from the far end of the sponson to the front of that rear port compartment which puts it more over the pad. Holeshot improved.

Now time will tell when I get to fish for a full day and run some bigger water other than a 2 minute drive!!

patches

Lithium batteries really are better. More voltage and it lasts longer at full voltage instead of the gradual decline of a standard battery

GotMyAlly

I'll be curious to see if you have to do any more rebalancing now that you've lightened the load. I know I would.

wasmeneh

The only issue with lithium batteries is that they either work at full power or they stop working no real warning.

champ198

Thanks for the post. I've been wondering about the Lithiums. I just bought three new batteries for my boat so it will be at least three years before it's time to replace them. When I do, I bet the 24v Lithium will be the ticket. Keep us posted on how it's doing. Good, bad, and the ugly.

reward69

Lucky man! If I were to get one and the wife found out how much I spent for it I would be in the "O" bits in the paper the next day.

Luketrician

i am jealous! haha ..

I had to go the cheap route...Academy sports had a sale on deep cycles...59.99 with 10 dollar mail in rebate...I bought three of those and replaced all my batts. Maybe they will last! lol

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I just went to there web site and looked up the price. Does it last for 10 or 11 years? I just dont think I could justify dropping 2200 on a battery. If I had the cash to burn, then I would prolly give them a try. But, 2200 is alot of extra cash to have laying around. Good luck with them and give us periodic updates on how they are performing.

Allyfishing

LOL!! No I didn't pay 2200.00 for this lithium!! Call Mrs. Allison and she will give you a price. You need to give her the model number of the battery you want. But yes, it was pricey. It is said to last over 10 years if maintained properly.

Yes Neal same size as a group 31

MWest77

The only issue with lithium batteries is that they either work at full power or they stop working no real warning.
Just like the lithium power tools, they go dead immediately. I would want some kind of charge status gauge if I ever convert to lithium. Drifting toward a rocky bank on a windy day is not a good time to find out your battery just quit. :help

Allyfishing

You will need the Stealth Charging system if you purchase a Lithium battery anyway. Purchasing the volt meter along with the charging system will prevent you from being blown into a rocky bank or stop working without warning!!

My 21 came with the Stealth system/volt gauge so I was already setup. The gauge has the capability of a low and high voltage alarm. And also keep in mind that whenever the outboard is cranked up and running it will charge your batteries up again.

The Lithium charges up to full in a fraction of the time that a lead acid or AGM charges.

Kevin Bennet and Danny Roberts both indicated that most users don't even have to plug in the charger at the end of the day since they charge so fast when the outboard is running. Of course that is if you crank the outboard and make runs throughout the day.

MWest77

Cool deal! I got some rechargeable D size batteries and was surprised at how lightweight they are. I bet you had the same surprise when you picked up your new battery.

Allyfishing

Cool deal! I got some rechargeable D size batteries and was surprised at how lightweight they are. I bet you had the same surprise when you picked up your new battery.
LOL!!!! yes indeed. My first thought when the UPS guy came in with it was "oh no, UPS, they suck!!....I hope its packaged well"

I opened it and it was encapsulated in that foam that's injected into bags around the contents so it was entombed which was good thing.

After prying all that away and grabbing the cloth strap (huh, cloth?) yes I had to chuckle about how light it felt for a battery.

Nice to know too that I never have to worry about acid leaks either!!

white03

If there was some way guarantee 10-11 years of use I might get one too. But not be sure I just can't see it.

Allyfishing

white03, I understand completely. I'm not endorsing nor promoting these. I just thought I would post what I've done and what I've learned so far.

I'm told they should last 10 or more years but are guaranteed for I think 5 years.

Obviously a personal choice.