Finally got my Lithium Pro!!!

white03

I'm mostly jealous!!!

Good luck Bro and let us know how thedy do and what you think of them as the years go by

SmallJaw

Last night I was wishing I had a 36 volt lithium battery and a 100+ lb trolling motor. Reason I was thinking about the lithium is because it would fit right in where my front batter is in the BassPort and thus I'd have a short wiring job for the NEW big trolling motor. The current on Pickwick above McFarland was ripping last night. One of the times I could not pull the current to fish a rock pile or two I love to fish. Don't be too surprised in the future if you don't see an almost brand spanking new 82 lb Fortrex on the market as I do something really stupid and actually do what I'm dreaming about. A little sleep probably will make me stop this nonsensical upgrading thing. I hope so. Darn I hate to not be able to do what I want to do on the lake. I just know I could have caught some fish off those stinking rock piles!:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Allyfishing

I'll keep all you guys posted. I intend to fish some at the rally and with the size of Watts Bar I will get to see just how long it takes for the volts to come back up. Although I know it will not be a true test of a fishing only day, it sure beats my little home lake to test where I only have the outboard on for a minute or 2.

Smalljaw, I wish I had your problem. Sure would love to live where there is that kind of quality fishing. The best fishing for us up here would be Lake Oneida (3 hours north) or Canada (5 1/2 hours north). Everything else is like farm ponds compared to the south.

catfish123

Craig, if I should "pass away" before you know if this battery was worth the purchase price, please let Matt know how you made out with it :beer:

allimax

Craig, if I should "pass away" before you know if this battery was worth the purchase price, please let Matt know how you made out with it :beer:
Bob, it hasn't even been a week since you retired and you're thinking like that all ready??? You've probably got another 30 years of fishing in you yet, stay positive, there's nothing like experience.

Allyfishing

Bob, it hasn't even been a week since you retired and you're thinking like that all ready??? You've probably got another 30 years of fishing in you yet, stay positive, there's nothing like experience.
Don't worry allimax, we'll revitalize 'ol catfish at the rally next week!!! He'll feel the need to have to go back to work just for a rest!! :LMAO:

catfish123

Juss ridin in da bak of dat tater-chip boat will be enuf to do me in...........LOL.......and I best be stayin in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allyfishing

:LMAO:
Bob do you have a ping pong paddle?? Bring it along with ya and when Matt gets a bit too overzealous just swat him in the back of the head with the paddle

Allyfishing

k-dawg, it's been great. no issues and I have never run it down. stronger pull on the same power setting n the variable control knob on the pedal. But, I do not fish tidal or rivers so I can't speak for that type of conditions.

Tim Sykes

Am I reading this right that you replaced your two trolling motor batteries with one Lithium battery and you then moved your cranking battery up front where there used to be the two trolling motor batteries to? A couple questions?

Whats your opinion on the Lithium batteries and 2nd did you actually pick up any speed doing this? Thanks

Dave Hensley

Sounds like Craig replaced the two trolling motor batteries that were already up front....then moved his cranking battery from the back of the port storage box to the fron of that same box.....maybe not but that is the way I read it. That conversion sure would clean up my port storage box as the MK onboard charger, wiring, two batteries and the kill switch eat that space up in the 2+2.

Tim Sykes

Gotcha, I am just curious what everyone thinks about Lithium batteries, the kinds and if they are really worth it. They sure seem awfully expensive tho... Maybe I should start another post about them. Let me look first

chad202

I went with Lithiums also. I got three 50ah batteries. Troll off two and crank off other. It has 500 cranking amps which is plenty for my 260. Ran livewell pump on auto, and two graphs for 8hrs. Not one issue. Replaced two batteries weighing 120lbs for three weighing 45lbs. My light 02 feels way lighter.