Finally got my Lithium Pro!!!

JOEALLY

I went with Lithiums also. I got three 50ah batteries. Troll off two and crank off other. It has 500 cranking amps which is plenty for my 260. Ran livewell pump on auto, and two graphs for 8hrs. Not one issue. Replaced two batteries weighing 120lbs for three weighing 45lbs. My light 02 feels way lighter.
Chad, have you had a chance to put a some hours on the troller to see how the 50ahs hold up?

chad202

Joe, they worked great. Fished 8hrs in same canal. Stayed on speed 1. No need in going higher cause there was absolutely no fall off. I love them.

I went with LiT-Lithium Ion TEchnologies. Don't know about speed increase but just know they'll be a few mph. The batteries I replaced were in front the fuel tank. I put these in the wings. Since then I've been able to raise my motor up. I gained lots of lift and the boat feels lighter. Like it's truly riding on top the water and not in the water. This is even at low speeds.

catfish123

Joe, they worked great. Fished 8hrs in same canal. Stayed on speed 1. No need in going higher cause there was absolutely no fall off. I love them.

I went with LiT-Lithium Ion TEchnologies. Don't know about speed increase but just know they'll be a few mph. The batteries I replaced were in front the fuel tank. I put these in the wings. Since then I've been able to raise my motor up. I gained lots of lift and the boat feels lighter. Like it's truly riding on top the water and not in the water. This is even at low speeds.
Hi Chad! Just wondering if you got one of their chargers to go with these batteries?

SmallJaw

I purchased 2 new Lithium Pro's for my new boat. The weight is crazy light and that has made me rethink driving and setup some. Not the same handling as my other Bassports but I can tell it is different. I have the onboard DC Lithium Pro charger and an AC charger that I am adapting to a quick plug charger connection. As it is now the factory charger is still in the boat and will feed the new DC charger with 12 volts. The DC will charge my batteries when the big motor is running. I have 40 AH batteries and they are crazy strong and last forever. All the fear factor of these batteries "just up and dying" and leaving you on the lake would only happen to you if you just run them to death and never charge them. I have found that after a day of running the trolling motor it takes about 30 minutes or so to charge them up to full charge. I bet I can run 3 or 4 days on them in wind or current. They are that impressive. The downside is they are stupid expensive but maybe they will last 10 years or more and get me a little better fuel economy. Speed was not my motivation for getting them. Heck, I have a heavy old Ulterra up front. I also had to put 100 lbs of ballast in to get the balance right on my boat loaded with gas etc. and just me in it. But I am running a 300XS so the torque is pretty big. When I get more seat time and playing time I'll dial in and try to give another report. I am still trying props and weight distribution right now, not to mention different heights above pad.

chad202

Hi Chad! Just wondering if you got one of their chargers to go with these batteries?
Bob, I had to get a dual pro charger with their lithium program built into it. My other batteries were in front my fuel tank. I put these little batteries in each wing tip. Totally different boat. Got all kinds of lift and holeshot is OMG.

JOEALLY

Does anyone know if the standard stealth on board charger that comes in an xb21 will charge the lithium batts?

BigRWater

Does anyone know if the standard stealth on board charger that comes in an xb21 will charge the lithium batts?
Not sure if you have your answer yet, but I would call Stealth. Best advice I found on the internet was to call them. Back when I did my Lithium system their advice was valuable.

BigRWater

Lithium batteries may be for everybody… …maybe not. I don’t know of any downside except maybe $... For about 3 years my fishing partner and I continue to learn the benefits of lithium for all things fishing and the old bass boat performance (absolutely no negatives, only positives). . Lithium batteries may well do more for bass boats, than what they do for other products (we know what they have done for other products…).

twsykes

Awesome. Did you actually pick up speed? and the 50 AH Battery is good enough for the cranker?

BigRWater

Awesome. Did you actually pick up speed? and the 50 AH Battery is good enough for the cranker?
We increased the speed by about 4 mph & increased mpg. In strong winds, everyone can fish at the back of the boat without it taking on too much water. My motor has a charging system that will shorten the life of any battery that isn't a lead acid battery, so I start my boat with the smallest lead acid battery that the local battery store has in stock. (just one of the reasons I was glad I spoke to stealth prior to my purchase of the system) I use a 12 volt lithium for the fishfinders, structure scans and mapping and most other electrics on the boat.

twsykes

One last question. What AH do you use for the trollers and how well do that last and what AH battery do you use for the cranker? thats one thing that is hard to figure out. Thanks a ton

BigRWater

One last question. What AH do you use for the trollers and how well do that last and what AH battery do you use for the cranker? thats one thing that is hard to figure out. Thanks a ton
For trolling motor batteries I use two of the 36 volt 40 AH batteries with a stealth charging system. One of these 36 volt batteries will do what 3 old style 12 volts will do, I use two so I can go and just keep going. The cranking battery didn't list amp hours only that it had 400 cold cranking amps. My house lithium battery has 100 AH so once again I can just keep going.

chad202

The 50ah is enough for my setup but not big opti motors. I have a old school 260, they don't require a lot of cranking amps. You would probably have to go with 100ah to run the motor and those big graphs. I have two hds5 and one livewell pump so I don't have the amp draw other people have.

rbear

Probationary User
I run Lithium batteries from Lithium battery Company. Three 50 amp hr for the 113 Minn Kota 36v.
100amp hr for crank battery. Run the stealth charger also. I installed over 3 years ago. No issues.
I’ve fished at Amistad for 5 days straight. Never plugged in at night. The 50 amp hour weigh 15 lbs each
I put them in the bow. No bow lift problem when I went to the pro max prop.26p.
The lithium connections stay clean. You don’t have to put anything on them for corrosion.

BigRWater

Is anyone using a lithium battery, as a cranking battery for a pre 1995 150 through 200 hp 'or higher hp, motor?

chad202

Those have a 40amp flywheel. I run a 16amp flywheel so it should work the same. I run a 50ah lithium for cranking.

twsykes

So I too replaced all my led acid batteries with Lithiums... Lost over 100 lbs. I definitely see a difference in acceleration but all I did is place the batteries in the same spots they were in my XB 21....

The batteries are significantly better than led acids after using them for about a year... but what ever you do dont let them die because if they do the the voltage required for most chargers to know a discharged battery is hooked up and needs charging is 10V (I think but it might be 12 I can't remember)... What I am saying here is when the Lithium battery discarge completely then your charger won't charge it until you charge it up past a 10 or 12V....

One little trick I did was to run small high voltage cables to the glove box so I can add lithium jumper box in the glove box as a quick way to get more voltage to the cranking battery or just to jump it....

The one thing I have noticed is that when loosing that weight you will need to do something for weight distribution in the boat. Its definitely different and must be addressed. I am working on a way to do this now where I can just slide weight to balance things more easily. I am just trying to figure out where to install this in the boat.... In my mind the best place might be where the trash can is under the seats but I am just thinking out loud here