Finnally found somenthing I don't like about my XB21 2+2

wasmeneh

A short rant. My boat is a 2014 that showed signs of a week starting battery near the end of my last tournament. I had the live well on timed from 5:45am till the end of the day with minimal other electronics use. I didn't run the big motor much. So I research appropriate batteries for the Mercury 250 Sport ES and find a very limited availability especially since Sears closed locally and stopped selling there best PM1 and PM2 batteries all together ( had a PM1 in the boat and served me well but was almost 5 years from date of manufacture.

Well go and try and get to the old battery, oil tank has to come out, can you say tight fit, would be nice to have another 1/4 inch in the hatch opening. well I get to the battery and it's so deep in the boat I can barely reach in and touch it let alone get a good hold on it to get the 80 lb unit out of it's recess. Luckily I have a winch in the rear of the garage that I use to pull the trailer in at the correct angle. (Ford F150 is to long to make 90 degree turn with neighbors fence in the way). Rigged up an overhead pulley and winched it out. Later I replaced it the same way. Still took about 3 hours to change the battery. Really ought to be a better way.

Boy do I feel better now.

Mike

JWolff

I just changed my 2 troller batteries out and didn't think it was too much worse than my old Champion. My big motor battery is right in front of the gas tank and easy to get to. Maybe the set ups changed some over the years.

My rant was trying to remove and replace one of the rod tubes on the above deck storage. Some how one slid into the fiberglass hole next to the consoles. Got it pulled back out and reset. A year later it is somehow pulled back inside the boat. Had to grab hold of the tube through the front deck storage and pull it out that way. What a pain.