Freeing cables?

h2oskiier30

Marty...use mineral spirits as the solvent to flush through the cables. Works better than any of those other concoctions people have dreamed up. Thank me later.

LakeAnna

Kerosene will work well to free them also. Seems like once they get tight thou no matter what they never free up and work like they should.

Maybe you will have better luck.

suicidealli

I have had excellent results freeing them up. Only one wouldn't free up. I figured it had to be frayed. I like trans fluid as a lubricant after they are free.

Roy

M.ALEXIE

Well guys, both cables done and it's much better. Almost like new. I worked both cable in and out while under pressure and they broke free. Ready to put is all back together tomorrow.

bassracr

Well guys, both cables done and it's much better. Almost like new. I worked both cable in and out while under pressure and they broke free. Ready to put is all back together tomorrow.
Glad to hear it worked out for you Marty . I bought an older bass boat with teleflex cables a few months ago . It was so stiff it's all I could do to get it on and off the trailer . I thought I would try my luber on that but when I pulled the rack down I discovered it could not be disassembled it looked like I would have to replace them . The best price I found was 344.00 . I really didn't want to spend that so I re-looked at everything, went to the hardware store , got a bigger hose for the luber and clamped on an old steering tube and hooked it up on the motor end and flushed forward . It took about 2 days hooked up under pressure to get them working properly again but now I can spin the wheel lock to lock with one finger . They were by far the stickiest ones I have seen , the boat was totally un-drivable before. Now it works perfect and I was very happy not to spend 350 bucks on new ones .