Gas Prices...

Alli-drenaline Rush

i build the lake motors for 93 oct, and aces addative. around 165-170 lbs comp. the race boat gets the same when i use it to joy ride. otherwise 200 lbs and 110 oct.. the trips in the suburban towing the boat is bad..... work is slow here. working this week, and bid on a nice job, just depends i guess......

roy
Roy how long does it take you to swap out a set of heads?

suicidealli

hell u change powerheads, in a hour, as long is the one your puttin on is dressed..
at clifton in 09 i had to pull a powerhead drive to the marina, have 3 studs removed, and replace them. change lower units. we were on the water that evening... ripin it up.

roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

hell u change powerheads, in a hour, as long is the one your puttin on is dressed..
at clifton in 09 i had to pull a powerhead drive to the marina, have 3 studs removed, and replace them. change lower units. we were on the water that evening... ripin it up.

roy
I become more impressed with each new post!!!

hack02

A few years ago when gas hit 4 bucks a gallon is when the economy did a nose dive. The way OPEC is run is ridiculous. We get most of our oil from South America, not Saudi Arabia. And you hear people saying, drill off our own shores. Well, most of our oil that comes from our land in Alaska goes to Japan. None of it makes any sense.
Deisel here is 3.85 a gallon right now.

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Gonna fix the 200 and put stock heads on it. All I am waiting on now is the flex hone. Make it a little easier at the pump for boating this summer. Hell it still runs mid 80's with the 200. Faster than bout everything around here. If someone gets me I am only an afternoon away from the 260.

catfish123

We just hit $3.39/gallon for regular here where I'm at in PA this morning. I had been really looking forward to the boating season this year after a rough winter but these gas prices are certainly going to put a damper on it. I keep hearing, easily $4.00/gallon here for regular this summer and of course.........I need 93 octane!

hack02

I saw a bumper sticker the other day. It read "Republicans for Voldemort." Musta been a Harry Potter fan.

Alli-drenaline Rush

The thing that aggravates me about fuel purchases is that the credit card companies seem to be in cahoots to limit your purchase to either $75 or $80 depending on whether it is a VISA or a Mastercard..... if you're filling up a diesel truck tank, it is a pain in the azzz to hit the authorization limit (after 30 seconds of rolling over at 1 cent per second).... stop and restart with another credit card to complete the fill-up....... must be Al Gore working behind the scenes to push us through aggravation to greenie weenie cars....

Alli-drenaline Rush

I'd feel lucky if it was only $5.00. It's already $3.99 for Arco 91 octane. Glad I bought a Prius got to get a bumper sticker, "I'm not GREEN, I'm CHEEP!

That's funny... when I visited San Francisco I was shocked to see so many big cars on the road (e.g. Hummers), and the speeds at which drivers operated them.... I had a mental model of all of CA drivers piloting small cars driven at very conservative speeds.... quite the opposite!

However my model was validated when, on a trip north of SF, I came across a road sign stating that Marin County was a "nuclear-free zone!" My immediate thought was that it would be nuclear-free until the Russkies land a few thermo-nuclear devices in their backyards!

SLOmofo

"nuclear-free zone!"
They have their heads up their a$$'$. They think an Electric car is pollution free. Have no clue as to where the power comes from. "Not in my back yard!" What needs to happen in Calif is beside each and every Nuke plant built is a water desalination plant. The sea shore should be lined with them. The wine growers in my area are pumping so much water out there isn't enough for the people that live here.

Paid $3.89 for 87 today at ARCO. $4.09 for 91. Lowest I saw was $3.84 for 87. The gas prices in my area are the second highest in the nation. Second to San Fransisco.