Gauge layout in xb2002 console

JOEALLY

Very nice guys. I'm adding a couple 2" gauges & plan to put them in the lower half of the bullet console.

Darth VMAX

Very nice Chad. MY "phase II" renovation has me thinking of ordering one of the new XB2002 consoles and installing a HDS4 with lake insight like your 5 is. Leaving a tad more room for gauges (which will have to be multi-function) I have ZERO room for gauges on my dash panel to put any.

Awesome lay-out Chad. If I remember right, didn't you buy it with the 5 in there already?

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks Darth for the compliment. I went through 10 revisions with Darris before settling on my layout. I love the layout except for the fact that the fuel pressure and water temp are partially occluded by the steering wheel. This is a minor tradeoff, however, since everything else is available at less than a glance.

With the lake water temp so low right now, my gauge needle doesn't even move off 100 unless I stop the motor and let the block sit for a few minutes. Fuel pressure remains steady at around 56psi.

Two of the most important gauges are front & center: water pressure and trim. Personally I would never like a setup where the trim indicator is off to the side somewhere. I want to know where that motor angle is especially at high speeds. I have a little triangular mark of blue tape at the point where it's like "venture beyond here and the danger zone begins". :help