Good places to boat in Franklin NC

Jr in Jax

Lord willing, we are renting two mountaintop houses near Franlin NC in just over a week, Lord willing, and would like to know if there are any really good places to boat around there. We are planning on taking the boat [if my new sportmaster comes in] and the PWCs also.

Jessie

There are sevaral good lakes around Franklin, N.C. Lakes Chatuge, Nantahala, Fontana (deepest man-made lake east of Mississippi), Thorpe, and Burton, which in my opionion is the prettiest lake in Georgia. These are all 30-50 minutes from Franklin. If you come to Blue Ridge Ga. give me a call.

Last edited:

ALLISONMAN

Fontana is a beatifull lake close by!!! Some of the earlier rallies had a day on fontana so some of those guys can comment on it!!! It is a deep clear water lake

ALLISONMAN

Fontana is a beatifull lake close by!!! Some of the earlier rallies had a day on fontana so some of those guys can comment on it!!! It is a deep clear water lake

lake keowee is also pretty close by and it also is great lake and alot bigger than fontana so make sure to take ya gps!!!

yellow20xd

You also have James, Hiwasee and a little further Douglas. If you come further east you have Norman Hickory, Rhodiss

Jr in Jax

Thanks much everyone, I am going to copy those names but Mercury is trying to screw us up on taking the boat. The new sportmaster [to replace mine that is shot] has been re-backordered and there is no one at Merc that is intelligent enough to give us when it really will be available.

Merc wonders why their business is suffering.....

We can take the PWCs but there were people going with us that needed to be able ride in the boat.

Next question; Will they arrest me for taking my Honda PWC down the white water rivers? I will bring it back and have Jack Barsh do hull repairs [again].