Got a couple crappie in the Ally

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took one of the guys from work out for a ride in the Ally and even caught a couple fish Monday.

K.Kiser

No livewell looks as good as one piled up with crappie, that would be my last meal if I was on death row... It displeases me greatly that I don't have the time to keep up with the crappie, because if I did and could catch them regularly then I would pretty much quit fishing for anything elese...

K.Kiser

Best eating fish!
Absolutely, The only one in freshwater that is comparable is a small bass... I usually won't keep enough of them (small bass) to make a platter unless it's in an overpopulated piece of water that's stunted and needs culling...

SLOmofo

The biggest we've ever caught was a little over 3 lbs. In 2000 we were at the Springfield Mo. Bass Pro Shop and there was a Crappie over 5lbs in one of the aquarims. It was the record for one of the nearby states. Didnt really look like a crappie, sorta grotesque.

Westy

Those tanks at BPS have some big and ugly fish in them:big grin
It is pretty common out here to nail 3 pounders at Alamo Lake and Roosevelt they have great big crappies. I tend to catch them more in the winter with jigging spoons when I'm targeting deep LM bass along with giant white bass and stripers. If it pulls hard I'm happy.