Got a work of art yesterday

whipper

I with much anticipation received a 26 OS cut from a RE3 yesterday. All I can say is WOW! Steve Smith {DSS} does some super nice work with this cut of his. Its an OFF Shore cut with some changes of his own that he came across that work great form what Ive been told by drivers that use them. I have to wait until the weekend to try her when I start my month boating Vacation. Once Ive got some seat time with it Ill let ya all know how she turned out. If it performs half as good as it looks Im in for a treat.Hers some pics i just took. I figured I better get some shots now before I add some exaust to her.

zatchmo

I've been eyeing one of those cuts for a while. They look really good, and can be bought for a very fair price. I hope they run well on Allisons.

whipper

I've been eyeing one of those cuts for a while. They look really good, and can be bought for a very fair price. I hope they run well on Allisons.
Me to. I cant wait to try her!! Steve said it should work really really good on my GS. Saterday night or Sunday for sure will be the first run. Looking forward to it. There really isnt much differance to a new prop looking at this one other than the OS should perform better and man are the tips sharp!!!

jdb35

I just got a 28 offshore cut from Steve. I will be running it this weekend, if it runs as good as it looks, I will be in for a treat also.

jas638

Banned
i am curious please let me know i have the same boat whip! i have a 26 chopper i was going to send him but am nervous about takin the plunge on one of his props. i am a hoss triton 1 man myself . ya know if it aint broke dont fix it. get back to me please.thanks john

xb03fs

Interested also whip, let me know, I think i will have a whole new boat though so all my baselines are going out the window

jdb35

I got to run the offshore cut prop some this weekend. I didn't get to run it as much as I had planned due to electrical problems with my motor. The time I did get to put on the prop was great. It has a great hole shot and also one of the things I noticed about the prop was how stable it is. It really cuts down on the chine walking I usually experience around 6k rpm. I was able to drive to the limiter a couple of times and the boat was on a rail. I didn't get the chance to check my speed with a gps but was impressed. I plan on running it more this weekend since I think I have solved my motor problems. Will keep everyone posted, but it looks like it is going to be a keeper.
Jeff

jdb35

I really like my offshore cut, I finally got my electrical problems solved and have put some quality time on the prop. It is great out of the hole and good on top end too. I am sold on the prop, it is a keeper for me.

whipper

Mine was best holeshot of any prop I have ever had on bar none!! Same goes for mid range. Top end wasnt were i needed it to be with my limitted rev limitter of 7500rpm so Steve is working with me on that when I get back from Vacation next week.

I tryed to break loose the prop with varing trim hights out of the hole but it just grabbed and accelerated layed down and went!! I cant see why for the conditioning Steve does to these props ,polished and cut to the OS for a fare price why I wont buy more pitchs in this style. The 26 is a real quick prop for my GS with very good responsivness to trim you can see at the bow and feel. I want to be in the 90,s so might try a 28.

The one day I tryed 3 props back to back. Stock 25 Trophy,worked 28Drag4,and the 26OS. I realy liked the 26OS cut the best for all around rippen around. The water was a little boat chopped so had to hunt down smoother streatches to open her up. Because these streaches were not to long the OS really was more fun to use because of how hard the acceleration was even to the 25 Trophy! Witch is a very quick all around prop as most know on a GS with a slightly modded 225PM.

When I found a short calm stretch i just mashed the foot to the floor and hit low 80,s in a very,very short distance from 40mph. I could leave the trim in top end set slow down to 40,s then hit it without anymore trim and fly right back were i was in the 80,s without any ill handeling getting there. I hear these OS cuts are winning some popular drags lately along with a topend shoot out. I can see why because they go as good as they look.

Last edited:

whipper

So would you say it lifts better than your trophy and dragIV?
Better in the sence that the drag almost has to much stern lift and the Trophy is about right. But because of the better acceleration of the OS i would say same as the trophy lift wise with better bite and feel when trimming.

First try I was 1/4 fuel by my self. The next day I was full fuel i mean full and had a passanger around 200 lbs for one run. When I decided to try all three back to back I was by my self but still had full fuel. There really wasnt much differance in acceleration to be noticed. The other props ive had for a while and the Drag doesnt like bow wieght with another passanger. The trophy doesnt mind and the OS totaly didnt care. Every trim bump lifted the bow and stern for more speed I would say better than the trophy.

I had a Blowout with the drag a few weeks ago spun me around almost. I was able to save it thank god I had a 200lb passanger and the bow wasnt flying right on accaleration into the low 80,s so I gave her one to many bumps at 1/4 above knowing 88mph was this ones two up speed. When I recovered I know I didnt bump down. When I looked back I could see the trim angle was way to much passed nutral.:banghead

The OS on the other hand is just right. I accually am very pleased with the way it reaches speed with very little trim angle. I dont have a guage but was always checking to see were the trim was on my mark after my incedent with the Drag4 and it works best right at around N with very little past. Maybe 2deg past Nutral. Very good lift but not to much or to little. It really does feel strong and pulls very hard.

Lotus 50

How different is the offshore cut from a Hoss Triton? My 31 Triton is barely faster than my 30 small ear chopper, and does not accelerate nearly as well. For the record, the 30 was worked in the very distant past by Ron Hill.