Got a work of art yesterday

DS77

How different is the offshore cut from a Hoss Triton? My 31 Triton is barely faster than my 30 small ear chopper, and does not accelerate nearly as well. For the record, the 30 was worked in the very distant past by Ron Hill.
each boats deck pad lower weight dist. set back HP. will respond differently to each set up , small changes can make huge ... differences .a person would about have to try one to really know. ps. a 30 p chopper is a fast prop on the right set up . steve

1badss

Banned
each boats deck pad lower weight dist. set back HP. will respond differently to each set up , small changes can make huge ... differences .a person would about have to try one to really know. ps. a 30 p chopper is a fast prop on the right set up . steve
They a little pricey just to buy and try. Maybe a rental program?

whipper

They a little pricey just to buy and try. Maybe a rental program?
I know Steve will work with you on his Props.
I just bought a 26 real ET and have another 26 OS cut from a Chopper11 comming from Steve also. I want to compare the two back to back because ive never tried a ET before. One of the only props i havent tryed that I wanted to.

Steve and i have talked a great deal on what works on my GS. Hes realy knows his props. The rake and steel are a little differant on each manufacturers props. I wanted to try the Chopper11 OS cut to compare to the RE3 OS cut. I want to finally just get what works in the pitches i need for what I do. If the 26 OS from the chopper11 performes as good or better than the 26ET theres going to be a real shortage of used Chopper11,s to be had since Ill be getting them in every pitch I need to be cut to an OS.

Steve really has come across a unique cut that really works great! He,s fine tunning the props as he gets the feedback from guys that are buying them on lots of go fast hulls and motor combos. He truly has these props dialed in sweet for Allisons now. I wont get the ET and the next OS for a few weeks but ill try and be fair and honest as to how each performes back to back for me on my GS.

Lotus 50

I take back some of what I said about the 31 Triton acceleration. I recorded some acceleration times last week with the big Triton. Comparing to the 30 small ear:

0-30 it is 2.5 seconds slower than my small ear chopper.
30-50 it's only about 0.5 seconds slower.
50-70 feels just as fast as any prop I've tried, but I'm not a good enough driver to operate a stop watch and steer at 70.

I did try a 30 big ear once and I could never get the bow to stop moving at 80. Not out of control, but 'on a string'.