Grandsport Help Please

smiley88

What's up guys I am getting ready to try to mount a ski pylon base in my grandsport does anybody have any pictures or could you take some pictures of the base that mounts at the floor of the grandsport please? Also of how the bolts bolt the base of pylon to the hull...thank you fellas for your time...forgot to add...my gs is a 96..

Last edited:

smiley88

Howdy, here is a pic of my 1998 gse ski pole base mount. Let me know if another angle is needed. Thanks Mike
Thank you for the pic....how high does the receiving part of the pylon come up to boat ? And did you just screw the base mount bracket to side of stringer with no bolts an the backside ? Is it sturdy enough ?

FloridaGS

I will check the backside for nuts and also get a shot of where it pass thru the hull at top. Btw, this was installed at the factory at build. Thx.

Jr in Jax

The older GS had a inverted T bracket at the bottom of the pylon carriage that used large SS screws into the sides of the tunnel. The round flange at the top used well head screws with nylock nuts to secure it. The newer model GS have a center stringer that runs back to the transom and supports the pad. The pylon drops down and saddles the center stringer and is thru-bolted to the stringer. I converted my pylon to an all plastic housing that has a PVC/Star-Board top mounted bracket that sits on top of the tunnel so I don't have screw holes into the side of the tunnel below where there could be water in the bilge.

FloridaGS

Okay, there is no access to the back of the fastners at the bottom..it looks like there is no nuts on those, though if you can they are stronger...on the top, you can see thwy used nuts there, and rightfully so since there is much more load there.20160630_141722.jpg 20160630_141639.jpg