GrandSport is home

ScottB

Just picked-up a beautiful 1993 GrandSport with a 225 from Nick (njj502). Very easy transaction and cannot wait to get her in the water. Since Nick did a great set-up, I will be doing the cosmetic portion this winter. Plan is for a new interior with carpet.

Looking forward to meeting you guys this summer.

Attachments

racerx

Nice package Scott just take your time learning to handle it I hear about to many idiots trying to put it to the end within 5 min of owning one...Where you live??

ScottB

I have read all that I can read about driving an Allison, and now need to get the seat-time needed this spring. I will take it slow and easy and not get anyone hurt!

I am in Lincolnshire, IL (60069).

racerx

Up there close to Bob Chinns I am 10 min west of Geneva--St Charles area we play a lot on the fox river by me if you want to hook up some day in the spring...And I seen that gouge in your boat if you want to get it tuned in some time let me know,,it wont take much..Jeff

flying07

nice looking boat. . . . i just picked up my first GS also, thanks jeff! i can vouch that Jeff is the man when it comes to driving them, learn all you can from him, congrats!!

ScottB

Taking the GS in to Bottoms Up to get the gouge taken care of this week, before it goes into heated storage. I would love to hook up and get some driving tips to move the process along.

Where do you launch in St Charles?

ScottB

nice looking boat. . . . i just picked up my first GS also, thanks jeff! i can vouch that Jeff is the man when it comes to driving them, learn all you can from him, congrats!!
Any pictures of the new ride?

racerx

There is a launch on the west side of the river called boy scout island,,,I don't know if flying 07 boat will show a good picture with the shine on it...lol And Scott make sure bottoms up Bill does it right tell him I will be looking at it after its done and call Allison and get the pinstripes for the boat ...

ScottB

There is a launch on the west side of the river called boy scout island,,,I don't know if flying 07 boat will show a good picture with the shine on it...lol And Scott make sure bottoms up Bill does it right tell him I will be looking at it after its done and call Allison and get the pinstripes for the boat ...
I will share some pictures when it is done. Bill will do it right!

flying07

happy to send a pic. . . it's the inverse color-wise of yours. . . though i'm tempted to have the 'windshield' wrapped in black. . .

Attachments

ScottB

happy to send a pic. . . it's the inverse color-wise of yours. . . though i'm tempted to have the 'windshield' wrapped in black. . .
She looks real clean. Where are you located?

We will need to compare notes as we gain some seat time! Fortunately, there are some experienced GS pilots in my area, so I will lean on them for some added pointers.

flying07

She looks real clean. Where are you located?

We will need to compare notes as we gain some seat time! Fortunately, there are some experienced GS pilots in my area, so I will lean on them for some added pointers.
I'm up in MN, about an hour northwest of the twin cities. . . I have big MDS as my teacher, and Jeff, you better get that bike and get up here to show me how to really drive it. . .

LakeAnna

I love the look of yours man! The old style cowl decals are trick looking.

racerx

Hey Scott who do you know up north who are the Allison pilots..

ScottB

Hey Scott who do you know up north who are the Allison pilots..
I know there are several GS owners or past owners in the area, and several have reached out with an offer to help.