How many xb21 2+2's

xb03fs

Do you think have been sold?

Just curious as the 21's are RARE on the boats for sale board.

JWolff

If I remember right mine is boat 22 of year 1 production. I was surprised there were that many built the first year.

xb03fs

I love my 2+2. Good sized front deck good wind protection, better rear legroom xb2003 or xb21 prosport. Great having the center walkway. Great storage.

Drives like an Allison should

JWolff

Tbowersox,
Love it. One great thing about the used ones, even my 2003, is that they are almost identical to new ones. Yes the new ones have bigger consoles for bigger electronics and the eped but other than that the only difference is stuff that can be easily changed to your preferred make and model, i.e. big motor, trolling motor, and electronics.
My family loves it too. My wife fought me for 10yrs to get something else since in the pacific northwest we couldnt go test drive one but once in it she now loves it. Hard to buy with never seeing one in person.
One thing I really notice is the lack of effort to go fast. Let me explain. In my old champion it would max aroumd 60mph, and you could tell it was maxed by the seat of your pants feel and the sounds and everything. On this boat you feel like you are going 55ish when you are really going 70ish. You can just feel that this boat is made to handle whatever you dish out.

Tbowersox

Tbowersox,
Love it. One great thing about the used ones, even my 2003, is that they are almost identical to new ones. Yes the new ones have bigger consoles for bigger electronics and the eped but other than that the only difference is stuff that can be easily changed to your preferred make and model, i.e. big motor, trolling motor, and electronics.
My family loves it too. My wife fought me for 10yrs to get something else since in the pacific northwest we couldnt go test drive one but once in it she now loves it. Hard to buy with never seeing one in person.
One thing I really notice is the lack of effort to go fast. Let me explain. In my old champion it would max aroumd 60mph, and you could tell it was maxed by the seat of your pants feel and the sounds and everything. On this boat you feel like you are going 55ish when you are really going 70ish. You can just feel that this boat is made to handle whatever you dish out.
I have really been looking at 2+2 cause of my family almost like a compromise I still get to fish and go fast but there is a couple extra seats in it I have not seen one in person yet I'm a big guy at 6 6" I wanna make sure that in not too tight in there and then it's on for this winter thanks for the info by the way how fast have you had yours up

JWolff

I have really been looking at 2+2 cause of my family almost like a compromise I still get to fish and go fast but there is a couple extra seats in it I have not seen one in person yet I'm a big guy at 6 6" I wanna make sure that in not too tight in there and then it's on for this winter thanks for the info by the way how fast have you had yours up
I am 5'10" and have the drivers seat all the way forward.
86 with throttle left.
The thing that drew me into Allisons first was needing a fish and ski that allowed rods to lay on the front deck without hanging over the edge. This was the only one I could find because of consoles moved inward a little rather than on outer edge of boat. But then going deeper and learning everything else the boats do and the quality and the family behind them. No brainer. Yes they are more expensive than similar used cookie cutters but worth every penny.
Post hijack. Sorry. Lets start a new thread or pm if you want more info or pics.

mittenbass

I'm 6'2" and have plenty of leg room so I think you'll be fine. It is really nice that the drivers seat is on a slide. I have driven two 21xd bullets (owned by shorter friends) and had my knees jammed against the console ... That's no fun.