Humpback Cleaver update

Jay Martin

The prop really doesn't have that much trailing edge cup, Its real similar to the Hydromotive quad 4 O/T.

If all go's as plained I will run it Friday.

Last edited:

Jay Martin

The results are in..

Holeshot was a bit sluggish,feathering the throttle to about 5k.
Once it broke over and hit the gas and trim, all I can say is WOW!!!
This prop drove perferct, midrange all the way to when I ran out of rpm's was great.

.I looked at the tach and was at 6200 @ 84.02 mph before I knew it so I knew there was no since in going to the the limiter, my motor is rated for 64 -6500. prop shaft height was only at 2inch' below.

I've got to decide what I'm gonna do next, either work it some more or trade it off.

As it sits right now it needs a boat with less weight in the bow, either lower gears or higher rev limiter.

And by the way, stern lift was perfect, only had t give it tad more pos trim to get the bow up. Keep in mind I have a Motorguide tour series and a compartment full of tackle up front.

It's one bad prop.... :cool:cool....

Last edited:

suicidealli

that is cool... i figured it would lift the stern to high, but only 84 mph. who knows what it will do at 100.. i can test it for you of you want....
i wouldnt know how to work one of those, except tip cup....

roy

Last edited:

Jay Martin

that is cool... i figured it would lift the stern to high, but only 82 mph. who knows what it will do at 100.. i can test it for you of you want....
i wouldnt know how to work one of those, except tip cup....

roy
Like I said, ran out of motor..LOL..It was 84 mph @ 6200 rpm

Not real sure what I'm gonna do at this point. I think I'm gonna play with the tips some more.

Last edited:

suicidealli

that sounds good..... you should let me try it at big speed... if it runs well you might not get it back..lol
30 is a little big, but great for fishing... i have a 14.5 cut performer 30p that i can hit a 100 with a load.. hit a 100 with a 28 drag 4 too.
98 with a 26 drag 4, it was a little windy. i like to hit that 100 mark with a load..

roy

Last edited:

Jay Martin

Now I know how you came up with your user name...LOL...

Let me decide what I want to do with it first, when I came across this prop I was actually hunting for a Drag 4, 30 pitch of course...:big grin....

I would love for it to work on my boat just because it's different, needless to say it looks Cool too...

suicidealli

Drag 4 runs very well, but I like to fly the bow high with a load, and cruise like 80-85 the drag 4 ran awesome, but a little flat.. Very easy to drive.. I sold my 28 to brund on here... He is going to love it... But I like to run with no or just a little boat in the water.. Unreal low slip tho..... Fast props.... Best all around prop...
Oh my friends came up with suicidealli.... Figured I was going to kill myself in my first ally.... It wasn't pretty when I was learning how to drive..lmao

Roy

Last edited:

ally260

If ya wanna put tha "work" in it, which was quite a bit, thinning tha blades went a long way towards making it a very good prop if ya kept tha weight way down. I know that our prop guy here (back in tha 90's) put MANY hours taking off metal but it made a huge difference..

suicidealli

I hate labbing props, but it can help.. I have noticed on my set up, prop weight doesn't mean anything. Prop design sure does. A few bangs here and there can make a difference..... Also usually where you gain, you lose on the other end.JMO

Roy

Jay Martin

This prop was perfect, balance, rake, pitch are all dead on the money, it's the rake that I had a problem with being at 16 degrees, I did manage to pull it up to 19.5 degrees, this was done before I ever ran it.

Maybe, if I'm lucky, today after the honey dooooo's are all done I'll be able to play with it some more...:rolling eyes....