Hydromotive quad4 OT

suicidealli

I made a trade with a guy, and I got this 28 prop.
I called Todd, and he ran the numbers. It ends up being the worked 28 they did the test in bass and walleye magazine 2006 on a bullet. It is the better 28 with the extra tip cup, and the trailing edge is thinned some. I called the guy back and asked where he got the prop.. He said he is friends with Paul Nicholas, and he traded with him...lol I ran it yesterday it runs pretty good.
4% slip just bolting it on. Anyway funny story....

Roy

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heck, I thought you were going to sell it cheap for Christmas. I was getting my wallet out.

suicidealli

It runs pretty good. runs more like a 29, there isnt much room left to do anything erik. This prop was worked by the guys who made it.. the trailing edge could be thinned, more but that is it. It doesn't need it tho. A good running prop... I will prolly sell it. I would think the 2003, gs would like it...

Roy

njj502

I bet I'd like it now that I got more set back. Ran Nathans 27 this year and didn't much care for it. Would love to give a 28 a run for it's money.

Jay Martin

Just had to throw in my 2 cents worth. I bought a 0/t 28 lab from Todd when I first got my XB03, 1st class prop all the way, I liked it so much I found a 27 that I run in the summer.

catfish123

I have owned a 26,27, and a 28 OT.........They are great running props. Depending on what you are used to, the stern lift can feel quite a bit different but they are real smooth running and on top end on my boat, were REAL close to what a 3 blade like a Merc ET or a Chopper II would run. They have a very locked in feeling.

xb03fs

I like the way they run hence why I have a 26 and 27

suicidealli

I like a little more bow lift, just because I like to fly them with a fishing load. Very low slip tho. I run1.75 gears. 6100-62000 rpms, 90 mph. I didn't have the water to stretch it out. This is a good prop, I like the drag 4 a little better. BUT I didn't tweak the set up, I just put it on, and ran it. My drag 4's I tweaked them to run better too, so they were worked for my boat.. Can't compare the 2...

Roy

John S

Can you put up a pic of yours? I'm gonna get mine out to the hydro boys this winter to put some work into it. would like to see the difference on yours.

suicidealli

I don't know if you will see anything from a pic, but I will post one. The trailing edge is thinned a little, and rounded about 1". It looks to be thinned some. The leading edge is thin, and a touch of tip cup. Since this is the actual test prop, I'm sure it was worked pretty good....
Roy

Jimxb02

I've been running a quad4 o/t on my xb2002 for a few years. Best all around prop I have. Will carrry a load and will run a good top end running light.

Jim

catfish123

There has been a lot of difference between the totally unworked ones I've had vs the ones Hydromotive has worked. The trailing edge is MUCH thicker on the unworked ones.

BigRedAlli

trade ya a set of injectors for it...lol :big grin O... and a cooler too!!!

Last edited:

John S

I don't know if you will see anything from a pic, but I will post one. The trailing edge is thinned a little, and rounded about 1". It looks to be thinned some. The leading edge is thin, and a touch of tip cup. Since this is the actual test prop, I'm sure it was worked pretty good....
Roy
Im gonna be sending mine up there this winter, I'll be sure to put a note on it that says duplicate Suicide Ally cut. lol