J.C. or Tooters

robert

Has anyone done their mod on a sportsmaster 250xs 0r 300xs lower unit? If so what were the results? Even though I have hydraulic steering, i can still feel the torque.
Thanks for any response.
Robert

bec

Can't speak for anybody else but I have had a torque master coned by tooter and it handled excellent .the finish held up real we'll too.i put six years on the case and had to put it down because of a wore out case where the carrier rides was letting water back in the case.

LakeAnna

JC does really nice work... Never had an issue with his stuff over the years.

jdb35

J.C. did a cle case for me about five years ago and I love it. To my understanding J.C. taught Tooter how to do it. I am very pleased with the work J.C. did for me.

white03

that's right...JC taught Tooter, and JC is the master. TM with a cone will run better than the SM (with or with a cone)

brb

back in the day i run a hydromotive on my hydrostream.......they seem to work awsome on boats that use or need alot of positive trim

john4utvols

We had JC cone a sm years ago and it was awesome, he added about 6" or so to it and it was by far the best handling lower unit I have ever driven. Ended up breaking the skeg on it and JC talked us into a TM. TM are great lower units but we lost 3mph and the handling was not as good. And yes JC is the master at building lower units, he has been building them we'll over 30 years. I'm sure Todd does a great job too he always has fast boats with special secret mods to his lower units that only he knows.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Has anyone done their mod on a sportsmaster 250xs 0r 300xs lower unit? If so what were the results? Even though I have hydraulic steering, i can still feel the torque.
Thanks for any response.
Robert
Robert are you saying you can let go of the wheel and the boat will pull hard left? Or, when you input steering effort it is harder to turn right than left? I have driven several really good and bad handling boats with and without hydraulic steering. If the motor is set at the right height I believe it will always take more input to turn right. With hydraulic steering that effort is exponientially less.

JWW8

Tooter sold his business to Titus Grisham 8-10 years ago. Titus does good work. I have a TM unit that he coned and installed LW pickups and am very happy with it. i believe Tooter or JC trained him.

h2oskiier30

Tooter sold his business to Titus Grisham 8-10 years ago. Titus does good work. I have a TM unit that he coned and installed LW pickups and am very happy with it. i believe Tooter or JC trained him.
JC trained both Tooter and Titus. Tooter still does an occasional case.

h2oskiier30

JC, Tooter, and Titus are all in North Alabama. JC's number is (256) 757-5718.

I''m not sure how to contact Tooter, other than he occasionally hangs out on fastbass. He's kinda on-again, off-again on doing cases.

Titus' contact info can be found through his website, www.low-h2o.com

Last edited: