Johnson Trolling Motor Parts

Kerry Cordy

After 15 years of use and no repairs I finally broke my Johnson trolling motor. I'm hoping to fix it. It just fits so well on the 2003 that I hate to install anything else.

Under the pedal is a large sealed electrical component that my friend says is a rheostat. It clicks but does not turn on the motor unless you hit it with a scream driver.

Does someone have an old motor that they are parting out? Is there a source somewhere for new parts.

Thanks for your help,

Allen Cordy

Myron

try Boats.net, I have got things from them before for mine

F2008

After 15 years of use and no repairs I finally broke my Johnson trolling motor. I'm hoping to fix it. It just fits so well on the 2003 that I hate to install anything else.

Under the pedal is a large sealed electrical component that my friend says is a rheostat. It clicks but does not turn on the motor unless you hit it with a scream driver.

Does someone have an old motor that they are parting out? Is there a source somewhere for new parts.

Thanks for your help,

Allen Cordy
Allen, I can relate. They might not be as efficient as the newer motors but I wouldn't part with my OMC trollers, ...love 'em.

The part you're referring to is called the controller module part #0116665 ...... unfortunately it's no longer available. If you're seriously planning on keeping the OMC you're going to have to go the same route I did and find a used motor for parts.

I found mine on Bass Boat Central trolling motors for sale board.
http://www.bbcboards.net/trolling-motors/

I'll keep and eye out for one for you.

Jessie

Try Jones Trolling motor on BBC. Go to Fastbass and look for info on John Swallows. If you can't find any info I'll try to find his number for you.

atgill

Perdue Trolling Motor Svc
293 Riverside Ln, El Dorado, AR 71730
(870) 797-3047 Directions Map

I have used this guy

Bob Ant

I have used John Sucks( I think that is his last name) in around Cleveland , tn. He has a shop behind his home and has hundreds of trolling motors there in various stages of repair or disrepair. May be worth a call to him. Number is 423-336-5438.

JohnT3

Ditto.....I have used an OMC trolling motor for the last twenty years. Got my 2003 Alli about three years ago and it also had an OMC foot control. I have used Alabama Trolling Motor Repair just north of Birmingham Al several times and have always been satisified with there service. He carries a pretty good inventory of OMC parts for repairs. Phone number is 205-841-3220.
Good luck.

xb03fs

Those OMC's are strong. I just tested the one on the xb21 2+2 a 12/24 and just wired it straight 24...it is so strong to work the coves for crappie fishing the lowestest setting seemed to fast.......so if you ever get a different boat KEEP IT.

hooken203

I have two of them one is a 36 inch shaft and the other is a 48 both in working order. The bracket for the 36 is new never installed. I would take 250 shipped for either one.