Lifeline Question

xb2003

Whats the difference between the Comp vest and the Starter? I'm not sure which one I need. I like the price of the Starter series but if the Comp vest is 150.00 more safer than heck..I'll go that route.

msagro

Whats the difference between the Comp vest and the Starter? I'm not sure which one I need. I like the price of the Starter series but if the Comp vest is 150.00 more safer than heck..I'll go that route.
Call them and tell them what you are wanting and they will let you know which one you want and they might have some deals hanging on the rack, they did when I bought mine last winter.

zatchmo

When I ordered mine last winter, the biggest difference was impact protection. I told them I was running 100+ in an XB2003, and they wouldn't say one was necessarily better than the other, but the guy I talked to said he'd sure feel more comfortable in a big open cockpit like the 2003 wearing the comp. There's a lot of things to hit on the way out of the boat if something were to go wrong at speed. I ordered a comp.

Hope that helps.

SLOmofo

I thought it would be a little easier to breathe after I landed in the water so thats why I got one with the impact protection. I keep my old vest in the boat so if I get inspected I have a Coast Guard approved vest on board.

GotMyAlly

I believe mine is the comp. I actually wish I had the starter....I'd probably wear it more often. I know it offers great protection, but it's not comfortable. I've got a mercury jacket with leg straps that i wear most of the time. The lifeline usually only goes in the boat @ rally time.

jas638

Banned
I thought it would be a little easier to breathe after I landed in the water so thats why I got one with the impact protection. I keep my old vest in the boat so if I get inspected I have a Coast Guard approved vest on board.
good idea ! i was thinkin of doin the same thing. i do wonder why a racing vest is not coast guard approved? there made so much better than some of the approved ones.

suicidealli

doesnt make sense, but it has been that way long as i have been wearing them.. that means packing extra jackets. stupid huh. i think i have the impact one.. is that the one with a panel on the inside of the jacket?? kevlar or something.. i remember talking about going through the side of the boat... he said the fiberglass will shread your body, and if you get stuck half way through, well you get the picture... i think i bought the impact one... the srp is more comfortable than a lifeline to me...

roy

roy