Look at what I found on the side of the road......

Alli-drenaline Rush

I saw the boat last week at the factory. The pic shows it no justice. Got to see it in person! Congrats! Did your wife tell you to quit smiling, like mine did.
950 miles of staring in the rear-view mirrors from yesterday AM to this evening!!!!! :very happy:very happy

Alli-drenaline Rush

Really looking forward to understanding if the Terrova can function as an acceptable substitute to the power pole..... It has an "anchor" function that uses GPS to keep the troller (and thus the boat) within a 5 ft circle of the spot the troller was at when the anchor button was pushed.....

Supposedly I can make a pass along a hydrilla line for up to 2 miles and the electronics can re-trace that path going back.....

Supposed to be able to hold a specific heading as well.....

Anchor function will be nice if I want to retie without worrying about drift, and in fishing off the back of the boat when the wind is blowing into the hydrilla line......

xb03fs

Fishing. I used to fish. For some reason in have a hard time sitting still unless I am low on gas.....I think it is an Allison thing. It there a fuel tanker at the rally....hard to stop at just one tank some days

xb03

Nice rig! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it in person at the 2013 rally.

resqu-u

Fishing. I used to fish. For some reason in have a hard time sitting still unless I am low on gas.....I think it is an Allison thing. It there a fuel tanker at the rally....hard to stop at just one tank some days
Non Eth station 10mins down the road and they brought in an extra load of premium last year to make sure we had enough. Plenty of cans and your set!

Alli-drenaline Rush

Nice rig! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it in person at the 2013 rally.
Go for it XB03! Put it in the time off / $$ budget now! I've only been to the last two, but they were a blast both times, thanks to a lot of great planning by the guys!!!!! A few things are for sure - you won't go away hungry, thirsty or with a load of unused boat gas!!!!

SmallJaw

You know it is illegal to have too much fun in boats like that don't you? Everything off the charts fun for men is against the law. I'm breaking the law in my BassPort every chance I get and I don't even have to wonder if you will. That is a superior pretty color scheme and a show stopper. Congratulations. I'm driving mine much better now and you are right in the seat time assessment. It will come faster than you think probably. See ya on the water some day I hope!:laughing

Alli-drenaline Rush

Thx SmallJaw - I look forward to the chance to meet up and chase a few smallies together.

Got the motor hung tonite! The two boys think the boat is sexy!!!!

Allyfishing

Hey Richard....I insist you take some pics of that motor hung on there now and post them!! I can't wait to see that bad *** combo@!!!!

Alli-drenaline Rush

Way to go man!!! We're all excited for ya!! I can't wait to see that 280 on the back!! It's going to sound like a motor should on an Allison!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Does this mean I don't have to bring the extra seats in June??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinda like this, Craig? Make sure you crank up the volume........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn9LQDNjqgI

Uploading pix is a bit problematic.... Photobucket has rolled out a beta version, and it.... well...... it leaves something to be desired......

SmallJaw

With 6 pages of post already it is obvious that Richard that you are "THE MAN" with your new BassPort. With a rig like that you will be the "MAN" for a while. I too look forward to chasing them Smalljaws with you some day. Plan a trip this way come next June-September and we will go catch some FO-SHO!:wink

suicidealli

You have the ally/merc fever bad Richard. You know what is going to suck??????
When you get out there, and you won't be able to drive it....lmao
I'm just messing with you.......

Roy

xb03fs

You have the ally/merc fever bad Richard. You know what is going to suck??????
When you get out there, and you won't be able to drive it....lmao
I'm just messing with you.......

Roy
All the rally's he's been to and you haven't given him a lesson. :banghead

Alli-drenaline Rush

I never figured six pages and a thousand views, Smalljaw! We go through Birmingham on 20 on the way to the Rally, so just a small piece from your place....

Thx Luke! Like Shane said... Three years in the making! I feel very fortunate to have the boat of my dreams powered by the motor of my dreams (ever since my bud Roy posted his "Ally SS Haulin' the Mail" YouTube video).... I was hooked.... The sound of the Merc when he got off the throttle, and the efficiency of the hull (coasting forever)..... I got the fever bad!

And Roy - kma bro! I'm with Nathan lol....