Lou Jones

Dave Hensley

I know Lou is in good care with the medical staff at Erlanger but prayers are powerful medicine too. Take the time to keep him in yours and may God's hand guide the surgical team as they minister to his needs.

Jr in Jax

My wife and I have been wondering if Lou is OK. Can someone let us know of his situation?

Dave Hensley

If you can get on Facebook go to the Watts Bar Outlaw's page. Full details. Very complicated condition Lou explains it well. Short version is he has a problem with his spine in the neck area that requires surgery where they go through the front to get to it. Reminds me of what Peyton Manning's condition and procedure looked like.

Dave Hensley

In Lou Jones words.....

I'm at Erlinger Baroness Hospital in Chattanooga ER in a "sub waiting room" because they are "so packed out". This was an unavoidable gauntlet of protocol in order to get surgery. I'm not leaving here with a bottle of pills. Smh.

And to those of you who think I brought this on myself with risky business, nope, not this time. I was diagnosed at age 19 with a birth defect that was the primary cause of this. In 1975: "you have a spondylolithesis at L5 that might give you trouble when older." Um...yep.

The only trauma I have experienced in over the past few months have been repeatedly slammed on the head by a tombstone-sized cooler lid of a popular brand, soon to be renamed Gizmo Jones CryoBoxes.